Thankyou for participating in the Codeathon :D

1 view

Fran Boon

Oct 10, 2010, 5:17:00 PM10/10/10
to codeathon-f...@googlegroups.com
I hope that everyone enjoyed it as much as I did!

As well as having fun & learning, a couple of groups got as far as
doing merge proposals on LaunchPad to fix open bugs - great stuff :)

If you're interested in staying involved with Sahana, then there are
many ways in which you can do so.
Most of the projects up on the GHC page are still 'open' & necessary
pieces of work:
http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/ProjectInformation

There is also another page of small projects here:
http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/NCSU
You can either work on the unclaimed projects or else offer to help
mentor the students working on their projects.

You can also bring any of your own ideas :)

As-always, the community is open in the Mailing List, IRC, Skype & Face-to-Face
- I look forward to seeing some of you there :D

Best Wishes,
Fran.

Rose Robinson

Oct 14, 2010, 8:53:51 AM10/14/10
to Codeathon for Humanity
Hello everyone! I had a great time and will definitely continue with
the project. Actually, two participants at my table wants to continue
to participate as well. What are the steps for new people to continue
with this project? Join this group? Is there a Sahana Eden Google
group? Register with Sahana Eden? Are there steps necessary to join
the cause?

Thanks to everyone who coordinated this event and don't want to list
them because I'm sure I would forget folks. I hope Sahana continues
with much success! --Rose

Fran Boon

Oct 14, 2010, 9:31:31 AM10/14/10
On 14 October 2010 13:53, Rose Robinson <rosario....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone!  I had a great time and will definitely continue with
> the project.  Actually, two participants at my table wants to continue
> to participate as well.

Wonderful :)

> What are the steps for new people to continue
> with this project? Join this group? Is there a Sahana Eden Google
> group? Register with Sahana Eden? Are there steps necessary to join
> the cause?

Yes, there is a Google Group:

There are a number of ways in which people can contribute:
http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/Contribute

As can be seen, these Wiki pages discussing the issues can also use some love ;)

As far as code is concerned, since this is Distributed Version
Control, you can simply push your branch to the project's LaunchPad
without any need for centralised approval.
If you have something that you'd like to see in trunk, then the best
way is to submit a merge proposal:
http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/DeveloperGuidelinesBzr#HowtogetyourworkMergedintoTrunk

The community in general is all about the doers - by doing you are
already a part of it :D

Best Wishes,
Fran.