Codeathon Projects and Other Notes

1 view

Jennifer Redman

Sep 29, 2010, 2:06:01 PM9/29/10
to codeathon-f...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the Codeathon tomorrow.  Some important notes to help you get ready for the event:

1) Try to get your development environment setup before arriving at the Codeathon - visit the Free and Open Source booth for installation help - including a copy of the necessary files to set up your development environment.

2) Read through the documentation on the wiki: http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/GHC2010

3) Take a look at the project list and think about which area you'd like to work on during the Codeathon: http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/ProjectInformation

Please try to arrive early - the room opens at 16:30.  We have ~200 people registered and we'd like to start filling in empty seats prior to 17:15 since we have limited time.

When you arrive you'll be asked about your project preference and then directed to a table that will focus on that project area. Each table will have a facilitator who has received some extra training, and a group of fellow participants of a variety of skills and backgrounds for you to collaborate with on the selected project area.

We'll do a brief 30 minute introduction and then get to work!

The Codeathon takes place during dinner -- please go ahead and take breaks to get food to bring back to the session.

The formal session ends at 19:00 - so we can all join the Awards Ceremony, but we have the room reserved all night and encourage people to return for further hacking!

Please let us know if you have any questions,

Jen and Avni

Robby O'Connor

Sep 30, 2010, 12:34:33 AM9/30/10
to codeathon-f...@googlegroups.com
Hey Folks,

I updated the blurb on the Survey Module refactoring project with some
ideas about how I feel it should go -- and pointed towards examples that
will be helpful in achieving that, as well as link to the user
guidelines. I will be available for most of the day (and part of the
evening to answer questions) -- I do have class in the morning -- so I
cannot remain available all night. E-mailing questions is also
acceptable :)

Link:
http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/ProjectInformation#RefactorandcompletetheSurveymodule
--rob

Avni Khatri

Sep 30, 2010, 2:17:51 AM9/30/10
to codeathon-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi all -

A small set of slides will be presented at the beginning of tomorrow's Codeathon by Fran Boon.
They are here:

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!!!

Thanks,
Avni