Fwd: You are invited: FOLIO Meetup Chicago, hosted by the University of Chicago

Tod Olson

Aug 31, 2018, 7:38:56 PM8/31/18
to chicode4lib, code4lib...@googlegroups.com, Tod Olson
Please join us for a FOLIO meet up at the University of Chicago. Date and registration details are below.

And apologies for the cross-posting.

-Tod
Join us Monday, September 17, 2018

You Are Invited

FOLIO Meetup, Chicago
Monday, September 17, 2018
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM CDT
University of Chicago
Joseph Regenstein Library
1100 E. 57th St.
Chicago, IL

Imagine a community working together to develop technologies that
meet the unique functional needs of each library today, while
positioning libraries to grow and evolve into the future. In this one-day
symposium, discuss the FOLIO project, a community collaboration to
develop an open source platform that will support traditional library
management functionality and is built for innovation. Join fellow
librarians as we explore the future of library technology.

AGENDA

·      9:30-10:00 Registration/Coffee
·      10:00-10:15 Welcome and remarks on Chicago’s involvement in the FOLIO project
·      10:15-11:15 Meet FOLIO, including current state of FOLIO, development process, how it works
·      11:15-11:45 Community and Ecosystem
·      11:45-12:45 (1.0 hours) Lunch
·      12:45 - 2:15 Platform Updates and Demos
·      2:15-2:30 Coffee Break
·      2:30-3:00 university of Chicago: Preparing for Implementation
·      3:00-4:00 Roadmap update and closing remarks

Presenters represent all facets of the FOLIO community, including librarians, developers and vendors.

Hosted by the University of Chicago

Open Library Foundation | 8 Faneuil Hall Marketplace, 3rd floor, Boston, MA 02109
Unsubscribe {recipient's email}
Update Profile | About our service provider
Sent by infor...@m.folio.org in collaboration with

Peter Murray

Sep 6, 2018, 4:05:29 PM9/6/18
to chicode4lib, code4lib...@googlegroups.com
Tod announced a FOLIO meet-up in Chicago on the 17th.  If you can't make that one (or are simply closer to Columbus) we will also be having one at the State Library of Ohio facility on the 21st:

AGENDA:
  • 9:00-10:00 Registration/Coffee
  • 10:00-10:15 Welcome
  • 10:15-11:15 Meet FOLIO (including current state of FOLIO, development process, how it works)
  • 11:15-12:00 Platform Updates and Demos
  • 12:00-13:00 Lunch
  • 1:00-1:45 Resource sharing initiative (including current state of development)
  • 1:45-2:15 Group Chat 1: Systems - Where are today’s systems lacking? What is prohibiting innovation in the automation market?
  • 2:15-2:30 Coffee Break
  • 2:30-3:00 Group Chat 2: Workflows - Which library workflows are in most need of innovation? Which NEW library services can we imagine?
  • 3:00-3:30 Roadmap Review and Closing Remarks

(If you're looking for me, I'll actually be at both the Chicago and Columbus programs.)

Peter