May 15 meeting summary

Joshua Gomez

May 16, 2014, 7:30:53 PM5/16/14
to code4lib-l...@googlegroups.com
We had a productive second meeting of code4lib-Los Angeles yesterday at the Santa Monica Public Library, with our first prepared talk and catered food!  Big thanks to Diane Bednarski from SMPL and Cary Gordon of the Cherry Hill Company for chipping in to provide an excellent lunch!

We started off the meeting with another round table of introductions and descriptions of our current projects.  Then Ashok Modi from Cherry Hill gave a presentation on continuous integration and deployment with a live demo using Jenkins. Finally, we had two short discussions about trying again to host the national conference in LA in 2016 and expanding the group to include folks from outside Los Angeles.

As part of our plan to expand, the code4lib-los-angeles Google Group will be "sunsetted". In its place is a new Meetup.com group at http://www.meetup.com/Code4lib-SoCal/.  Please head over there and join the group to receive messages about our upcoming meetings.

Our next meeting will be hosted by UCLA in early August. We plan to make it at least a half-day event so that it will be worth the travel time for folks outside LA county. If you are interested in giving a ~20 minute presentation, please get in touch with me or Gary Thompson at UCLA.