euro-code4lib events

danbri

Nov 5, 2009, 2:18:09 PM11/5/09
to code4bib, e.pos...@tudelft.nl
Just sent this to e.posthumus per http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/NL
... & copying here too. Excuse my English! --danbri

Hi there,

Just found http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/NL via asking in
irc.freenode.net #code4lib about possibility of European code4lib
events. I'm currently in Amsterdam, working at VU on semantic web and
tv, but my background is digital libraries, Semantic Web, metadata &
suchlike. Interested in any events in a code4lib direction, and maybe
helping in organize if my monolingualism isn't a problem.

I've just joined http://groups.google.com/group/code4bib/ although I
don't read/write Dutch without Google Translate help; In fact I'll cc
the list now and hope using the wrong language isn't a problem...

Anyone fancy a meetup in 2010? Topics? SKOS of interested to anyone?

cheers,

Dan

Etienne Posthumus

Nov 6, 2009, 8:30:39 AM11/6/09
to code...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan

Good to see you on this list. My intention was to organise a Dutch
code4lib local meetup this year, but due to circumstances it does not
look like it will happen in 2009.
So doing one in Jan 2010 is the next best thing, good call.

SKOS and Linked Data in general would both be very interesting. Let's
pick some dates and places, get some feedback from interested parties
and just do it.
My suggestion, Wednesday January 13 in Amsterdam. Exact venue to de
determined, but at least we need powerstrips, WiFi and a beamer. And
beer.

Who else is up for it?

EP

Lukas Koster

Nov 6, 2009, 8:37:33 AM11/6/09
to code...@googlegroups.com
SKOS and LinkedData in Amsterdam? Anytime!
January 13 is fine with me. Would that be in the evening or during the
day? "Beer" suggests evening, I guess. (No Heineken please;-)....)

Lukas Koster
Library of the University of Amsterdam
http://commonplace.net

Dan Brickley

Nov 6, 2009, 8:51:00 AM11/6/09
to code...@googlegroups.com

This sounds fun! I've bounced your message on to my colleagues at VU
too; perhaps also worth pinging the
http://esw.w3.org/topic/DutchSemanticWebGettogether group? It seems
that much of the SemWeb work in Netherlands is close to digital
library and cultural heritage concerns (lots of SKOS and linked
data...).

cheers,

Dan

Erik Groeneveld

Nov 6, 2009, 9:42:15 AM11/6/09
to code...@googlegroups.com
Me!

Groeten,
Erik

E.J. Groeneveld
Seek You Too
twitter, skype: ejgroene
mobiel: 0624 584 029

Boheemen, Peter van

Nov 6, 2009, 4:29:05 PM11/6/09
to code...@googlegroups.com
I am always interested of course. But that week in january I will be in skiing in France :)

Peter

Drs. P.J.C. van Boheemen
Hoofd Applicatieontwikkeling en beheer - Bibliotheek Wageningen UR
Head of Application Development and Management - Wageningen University and Research Library
tel. +31 317 48 25 17 http://library.wur.nl

>> Good to see you on this list. My intention was to organise a Dutch
>> code4lib local meetup this year, but due to circumstances it does not
>> look like it will happen in 2009.
>> So doing one in Jan 2010 is the next best thing, good call.
>>
>> SKOS and Linked Data in general would both be very interesting. Let's
>> pick some dates and places, get some feedback from interested parties
>> and just do it.
>> My suggestion, Wednesday January 13 in Amsterdam. Exact venue to de
>> determined, but at least we need powerstrips, WiFi and a beamer. And
>> beer.
>>
>> Who else is up for it?

Sounds great, count me in. I can give a small talk about the work I'm
doing building an RDF based institutional repository for the Erasmus
university.

regards,

Jasper

--
Jasper Op de Coul -- Infrae
t +31 10 243 7051 -- http://infrae.com

Lukas Koster

Dec 2, 2009, 10:18:06 AM12/2/09
to code4bib
Can't make it that week (January 11-15) after all, I'm afraid. Fulle
booked with other interesting stuff at work.

Lukas Koster