New Open Financial Data from Sacramento

Marc Joffe

Dec 19, 2014, 11:15:03 AM12/19/14
to code-for-sa...@googlegroups.com

The Sunlight Foundation just published my blog post on a State Controller’s Office initiative to open up local government fiscal data:

http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2014/12/19/opengov-voices-how-californias-putting-big-local-government-data-online/

Could be a good data source for future projects.

Jean Kao

Jan 8, 2015, 10:28:13 PM1/8/15
to code-for-sa...@googlegroups.com
Nice! We announced the new data initiative at last night's hack night. Will make an announcement here too to follow-up.

Peter Thompson

Jan 12, 2015, 8:06:44 PM1/12/15
to code-for-sa...@googlegroups.com, open-disc...@googlegroups.com
Hey Marc - you'd probably like to join the Open Disclosure Google Group too. I'm looping them in on this email so they have your note below.

Peter Thompson

Jan 21, 2015, 10:25:30 PM1/21/15
to code-for-sa...@googlegroups.com, open-disc...@googlegroups.com, mdj...@gmail.com
Marc - just realized you may not have received my response to this thread, so adding your email in directly.

Peter (another one) is interested in talking to on their Open Campaign Finance Project. I'm hoping your interested in helping them analyze, tell their story, etc utilizing your background and varying domain knowledge.

Thanks!

Peter

Marc Joffe

Jan 21, 2015, 10:48:42 PM1/21/15
to Peter Thompson, code-for-sa...@googlegroups.com

Peter

Thanks for making me aware of these connections.  I am based in Walnut Creek, so getting to SF can be a challenge.  I would be happy to correspond with you and the other Peter to see if I can contribute. Will this be a project at CodeAcross (which I do plan to attend)?

Marc

Peter Thompson

Jan 21, 2015, 11:37:12 PM1/21/15
to Marc Joffe, open-disc...@googlegroups.com, Asha John, code-for-sa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marc - I'll let the Open Discourse team respond specifically about Code Across, but yes, collaborating virtually would be perfect. Most project work that does happen, happens outside of the actual hack nights.

Other Peter and/or Asha - can you reach out and connect with Marc? I assume you plan to be at Code Across?

Thanks.

Peter Thompson | B-Comm | Eng. Tech
AtlanticFusion Inc.
SFO: 415.463.9110 | YYC: 403.613.6497