Bicycle Newbie Initiative

Sarah-Beth Zoto

May 21, 2014, 10:13:10 PM5/21/14
to code-for-sa...@googlegroups.com
Connecting people who want to try bicycle commuting with experienced bicycle commuters who want to help. A May 2013 Austin Bike Month initiative. Created as a public service by Open Austin.

Youna Yang

Aug 7, 2014, 2:56:44 PM8/7/14
to code-for-sa...@googlegroups.com, thom...@atlanticfusion.com
Hi Sarah-Beth,
Nice to meet you via email. I went to my first CFSF Civic Hack Night yesterday. I'm very excited about designing to improve health and wellness. I have a couple ideas I'm excited about and one of them overlaps with your bike initiative idea that Pete, cc-ed, told me about yesterday. I wanted to see if you'd be free to jump on a call today, Thursday, tomorrow, or grab coffee on Saturday at 3pm near Dolores ParkLooking forward to sharing ideas!

Cheers,
Youna

Peter Thompson

Aug 11, 2014, 10:38:40 PM8/11/14
to code-for-sa...@googlegroups.com
Hey Youna - see that you were able to reach out to SB here as well... hopefully she is able to get back to you soon.

Let me know if I can do anything else to plug you in. Hope to see you Wednesday.

Adam Fishman

Aug 11, 2014, 10:49:29 PM8/11/14
to Peter Thompson, code-for-sa...@googlegroups.com
Hey Peter and Youna!

Could one (or both) of you explain what this project is about?

-Adam

Peter Thompson

Aug 11, 2014, 10:57:15 PM8/11/14
to Adam Fishman, code-for-sa...@googlegroups.com
Hey Adam - Youna is just trying to get plugged in on this project and was new to Hack Night last Wednesday. This is a project that was kicked off at NDoCH like yours and headed up by Sarah-Bether and Avirary at the moment. Although I think they've recently rounded up some more help.

In a nut shell the objective of this project is to match newbie or wanna be urban cyclists in SF to experienced riders who can help them get comfortable with biking in the city.

p.s. Out of curiosity, since I'm still not sure how GoogleGroups actually filters and distributes messages. What route did this email come to you? I think it should've just gone to the Newbie Bicycle Initiative project group... but maybe it doesn't work like that. Are you subscribed to its updates?

Thanks.

Peter Thompson | B-Comm | Eng. Tech
AtlanticFusion Inc.
SFO: 415.463.9110 | YYC: 403.613.6497