Open California Summit - April 12

Peter Hall

Feb 9, 2015, 8:34:41 PM2/9/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com, open-disc...@googlegroups.com, code-for-sa...@googlegroups.com
The next summit has been scheduled for April 12. The SF brigade will host, and we all hope you can make it!

The location is Code for America SF, 155 9th St, San Francisco.

Tentative schedule:

09:30 - 10:00 breakfast and meet/greet
10:00 - 10:15 welcome
10:15 - 11:00 group intros (brigade leads, gov, speaker)
11:00 - 12:00 Jay Costa presents on CounterPAC and dark money
12:00 - 13:00 lunch
13:00 - 14:00 Jesse Mainardi from the SF Ethics Commission presents on campaign funding and laws
14:00 - 15:30 break into topical/hacktivity groups
15:30 - 16:00 closing and cleanup

Best,
Peter Hall

Peter Hall

Feb 11, 2015, 9:27:18 PM2/11/15
to Jean Kao, Asha John, ope...@googlegroups.com, open-disc...@googlegroups.com, code-for-sa...@googlegroups.com
Sure, context is good!

The event was organized with Open California in mind. OC members include campaign finance Code for America Brigades in SF, Oakland, SJ, Sacramento. The event November 22 was in Oakland and it felt incredible to collaborate with brigades to share knowledge and experience. Guest speakers at the event can also share their expertise in government and campaign finance.

This meeting should be a great opportunity for teamwork since our internet correspondence is complimented incredibly well by these events.

-Peter
On Feb 9, 2015, at 11:07 PM, Jean Kao <jrk...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi guys,

I'd like to post this event on the Code for SF meetup page if that's okay with you. Would you mind writing up a little description of the event - who it's aimed for, what you want to accomplish, etc - to add some color to the agenda?

Thanks!

Jean
Projects Coordinator, Code for SF Brigade

Phil Wolff

Mar 9, 2015, 5:54:28 PM3/9/15
to code-for-sa...@googlegroups.com, ope...@googlegroups.com, open-disc...@googlegroups.com
Is there a home page or landing page for this event? Or even a request-an-invitation or get-on-the-waitlist form? I'd like to add it to OpenOakland's calendar.

Asha John

Mar 9, 2015, 6:27:47 PM3/9/15
to Phil Wolff, code-for-sa...@googlegroups.com, ope...@googlegroups.com, open-disc...@googlegroups.com
Not yet. We still need to confirm 2 participants.
--
OpenCal Discourse http://104.131.98.144/
---