JOBS: CfA Incubator startup Civic Insight is hiring

Jean Kao

Jan 8, 2015, 10:42:11 PM1/8/15
to code-for-sa...@googlegroups.com

At Civic Insight, we are helping to build a world where all members of society have access to the data necessary to make informed and inclusive decisions about the trajectory of their neighborhoods. Our online platform makes official data about the management of buildings, permitting and construction available to the public in a refreshingly simple yet powerful interface. We have seen how lack of access to this information can be costly to businesses, governments and communities, and we’re working to change that.

We’ve graduated from Code for America’s Incubator, we have investments from the Knight Foundation, and we’re generating consistent revenue. Our platform has garnered praise from PBS News Hour, Time Magazine, and the Wall Street Journal.

We’re live in New Orleans and Palo Alto, and we’re confirmed to launch in 11 new cities by the end of the year.

This is where you come in.

Seeking a Ruby-on-Rails Developer

We are seeking a talented Ruby on Rails Developer to help us onboard new customers as well as continue to streamline and improve the platform in response to user and customer needs. We’re looking for a team player who’s eager to get their hands dirty working on a multi-tenant Rails application with lots of GIS data that has the potential to change the way we relate to the built environment in our cities.

bit.ly/ci-jobs