elections commission agenda item re: open data

Visto 16 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Chris Jerdonek

no leída,
13 may 2015, 18:00:5213/5/15
a code-for-sa...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

For people interested in open data and elections, I wanted to let you know that at its May meeting next Wednesday, May 20 at 6PM in Room 408 of City Hall, the San Francisco Elections Commission will be having a discussion item about open data (as it relates to elections):

http://sfgov.org/electionscommission

San Francisco's Chief Data Officer Joy Bonaguro is also expected to give a short presentation.

As with all agenda items at public meetings, there will be an opportunity for public comment on the item (usually 3 minutes).

If you're interested in coming to watch or speak at the meeting, I expect that the agenda item will take place at the beginning of the meeting, which means there should be plenty of time after the item to make it to the beginning of Code for SF's weekly Civic Hack Night afterwards.

I will also be at tonight's May 13 Hack Night meeting if you're interested in coming next week and want to know more about what to expect.

Thanks a lot,
--Chris

Chris Jerdonek

no leída,
19 may 2015, 23:01:3819/5/15
a code-for-sa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Code 4 SF'ers!

This is a reminder that tomorrow (Wednesday), May 20 at 6PM in Room
408 of City Hall, the SF Elections Commission will be having an agenda
item about open data:

http://sfgov.org/electionscommission

San Francisco's (and Code 4 SF's) own Chief Data Officer Joy Bonaguro
will also be giving a short presentation.

If you're interested in encouraging the SF Department of Elections to
expand its open data offerings, coming to this meeting would be a good
way to show your support.

You will also have the chance to speak during public comment on the
item. The agenda item will start at 6pm sharp.

If you have any questions about the meeting, feel free to reply back
to me individually. You should be able to make it back to hack night
in time with no problem (City Hall is close to Code for America's
office).

Hope to see you there!

Thanks,
--Chris

Chris Jerdonek

no leída,
22 may 2015, 19:02:4022/5/15
a code-for-sa...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I wanted to follow up on Wednesday's SF Elections Commission meeting
with a brief report. Thanks to everyone who made it out to the
meeting.

San Francisco's Chief Data Officer Joy Bonaguro gave a great
presentation during the open data agenda item which you can listen to
here (linked to the starting time):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyl31t_4Bzg&t=0m56s

(And here is a tweet version of the link:
https://twitter.com/cjerdonek/status/601866749277904896 )

Thanks also to public commenters Dale McGrew (We Vote USA), David
Cary, Nolan Love (PollVault), and Asha John (Code for San Francisco).
You can hear the public comment starting here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyl31t_4Bzg&t=42m06s

The process of publishing everything as open data isn't something that
will happen overnight, but I'm confident that it's the kind of thing
that can be improved and iterated upon year after year, especially
with continued public interest and feedback. Director of Elections
John Arntz has already shown quite a bit of interest and commitment to
acting on this issue, so lots of credit should go to him as well.

Thanks a lot, everyone, and have a good weekend,

--Chris

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 8:01 PM, Chris Jerdonek
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos