Is Codalab LISN still running python2?

Jesus Mager

Sep 21, 2022, 5:16:25 PM9/21/22
to codalab-competitions
HI all!

I am trying to get a competiton competition running:
https://codalab.lisn.upsaclay.fr/competitions/6995
I have to use SacreBLEU and jiwer to perform the evaluation (obviously written in Python3). But when performing some test runs, I noticed that codalab lisn is still using Python2?!

('Current version of Python is ', '2.7.13 |Anaconda 2.5.0 (64-bit)| (default, Dec 20 2016, 23:09:15) \n[GCC 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-1)]')

When I try to call python 3 with:

command: python3 $program/evaluate.py $input $output

I am getting the following error.

docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:370: starting container process caused: exec: "python3": executable file not found in $PATH: unknown.

I have been trying so search for some solution, but without any luck. I hope some one can help me out here. I am new to codalab, and I am asking in advance if I am missing the obvious answer.

Best.

Manuel Mager

Adrien Pavao

Sep 22, 2022, 8:27:22 AM9/22/22
to Jesus Mager, codalab-competitions
Dear Manuel,

CodaLab is running on Python3. Each competition can then be run in any environment using Docker.

I suggest that you put "codalab/codalab-legacy:py39" in the field "competition docker image" using the editor.

I guess the default Docker image is still using Python2. I'll have a look at this.

Best regards,

Adrien

Adrien Pavao

Sep 22, 2022, 8:39:04 AM9/22/22
to Jesus Mager, codalab-competitions
UPDATE: I have updated the default Docker image, so you shouldn't need to perform any change.

Adrien

Manuel Mager

Sep 22, 2022, 2:35:58 PM9/22/22
to Adrien Pavao, codalab-competitions
HI Adrien!

That is awesome! Thank you so much!
I can confirm it is working now:
Current version of Python is  3.9.12 (main, Apr  5 2022, 06:56:58)
[GCC 7.5.0]

--
Manuel Mager
Personal Page: http://code.kiutz.com