Old CodaLab server will soon be phased out

Adrien Pavao

Nov 18, 2021, 4:39:49 AM11/18/21
to codalab-competitions
Dear CodaLab users,

Our old server (https://competitions.codalab.org/) will soon be phased out. Please backup your competitions (e.g. with the dump feature) and move to the new server (https://codalab.lisn.fr/) for any new competition.

We will soon disable the possibility to create new competitions on the old server, but the current competitions (already uploaded) will remain accessible.
Anyway, we strongly recommend that you back up your work because some maintenance operation could be critical.

Thank you for your comprehension. We hope that you'll enjoy the new server.

Best regards,

Adrien Pavao
CodaLab Team

ps. As a reminder, you need to re-create an account on the new server

anne-catherine letournel

Dec 17, 2021, 5:35:11 AM12/17/21
to codalab-competitions
Dear Codalab users,

As announced, the creation of new competitions has been disable yesterday.
Additionally, the maximum size of any upload to the platform will be restricted to 300 MB from now on to keep storage consumption sensible on this instance.
You can use the new server https://codalab.lisn.fr for your new competitions.

Thank you for your comprehension,

Merry Christmas and happy new year from your Codalab team !

AC.Letournel

Caroline Petitjean

Dec 20, 2021, 1:11:22 PM12/20/21
to codalab-competitions
Dear Codalab manager,

I have a competition hosted on the old website, and I would like to move it to the new server: https://competitions.codalab.org/competitions/21145

Is there a simple and painless way to backup the competition? I only have the original bundle file, but my competition has been quite edited since...

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,
Caroline Petitjean

mad...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2021, 1:25:04 PM12/20/21
to codalab-competitions
Dear Caroline,

You can use competition DUMP

This will allow you to save the latest changes you made with the editor.
Be careful, select
 URI Keys instead of files

unless you want to also dump all the datasets, which can be very heavy.

If you DO dump  the datasets, you can just re-upload your competition bundled thus dumped to Py3, "as is".
Otherwise you’ll have to create the datasets and ingestion and scoring programs in “my datasets” selarately then link them.

Finally: your competition submissions will NOT be copied. You can tell your participants to re-make them on the new version or re-upload them yourselves.

Best regards,

Isabelle

Adrien Pavao

Jan 4, 2022, 6:53:32 AM1/4/22
to mad...@gmail.com, codalab-competitions
Hi Caroline and Isabelle,

I don't think selecting "URI Keys Instead of files" would work in this case, as you want to reupload the bundle on the new server.
The storage is not shared between the two servers.

Anyway I guess the problem is already solved as I jump in several weeks late.

Best regards,

Adrien