Meta Research: State of Competitive ML 2022 Report

Harald

Mar 8, 2023, 6:42:40 AM3/8/23
to codalab-competitions
Hi!

I run mlcontests.com, an ML competition directory, and just published a detailed analysis of ML competitions in 2022.

The first part is a broad review of platforms, competitions, and funding sources. The second part gets into the technical details of winning solutions: the types of models that were used, the choice of programming language, hardware requirements, and useful software packages.

You can access the report here

I would be very interested in any feedback you have - including how future editions of this could be improved. If you're running a competition with a deadline in 2023, let me know so I can include it.

Thank you to many of you in this group who collaborated!

Best,
Harald Carlens