Shared Task: Quality Evaluation of the Synthetically Generated Code-Mixed Hinglish Text

Mayank Singh

Feb 1, 2022, 12:27:52 AM2/1/22
to codalab-competitions

Hi All,

We are organizing the INLG 2022 Generation Challenge (GenChal) on Quality Evaluation of the Low-Resource Synthetically Generated Code-Mixed Hinglish Text. In this shared task, we seek for the participating teams to investigate the factors influencing the quality of the code-mixed text generation systems. We synthetically generate code-mixed Hinglish sentences using two distinct approaches and employ human annotators to rate the generation quality. We propose two subtasks, quality rating prediction and annotators’ disagreement prediction of the synthetic Hinglish dataset. The proposed subtasks will put forward the reasoning and explanation of the factors influencing the quality and human perception of the code-mixed text. More details about the tasks are available in our task proposal paper: https://aclanthology.org/2021.inlg-1.34.pdf

The proposed timeline is:

  • Feb 01, 2022: The training + validation phase starts.

  • Apr 30, 2022: The training + validation phase ends.

  • May 01, 2022: The test phase starts.

  • May 10, 2022: The test phase ends.

  • May 25, 2022: Paper submission deadline.

  • June 05, 2022: Notification/feedback

  • June 15, 2022: Camera-ready submission

We will be absolutely grateful if you can pass this information to your students and colleagues. Kindly note, the details for participation, datasets, phases and tasks are available on the competition page and on our website.

--
Thanks & regards,
Mayank Singh