Cocotron and Xcode 7 on Mac OS X 10.10.5 simply does work

Dr. Rolf Jansen

Sep 18, 2015, 9:29:21 PM9/18/15
to Cocotron Developers
Yesterday, I installed Xcode 7 over Xcode 6.4 and everything is working fine, including Cocotron.

Well, that message was rather the introductory note to another concern. I found out, that it is possible to preset into the project files the project wide indent/tab/space behaviour, and this may be different from the settings in the Xcode preferences. That means, all files of a given project would adhere to the settings of the project, as long as no file specific settings are defined.

The original source files seemed to adhere to 1|2|NO as the indent/space/tab policy. In the meantime many contributors added changes and many source files ended up with a wild mixture of all kind of indents and tab spaces. I am fine with everything, however it would be more nice if it could be more uniform over the whole project. Therefore, please may I ask that the SCC defines the preferred setting, may it be the original 1|2|NO or 2|2|NO or 3|3|NO or ... or even 4|8|YES if it really helps to save the world.

I would take over the work to adjust this into the project files. The benefit from this would be, that future code changes would come in a more uniform format.

Thank you!

Rolf

Christopher Lloyd

Sep 23, 2015, 9:17:41 PM9/23/15
to Cocotron Developers
Hey Rolf,

I'm okay with a modern format, I guess 4/4/NO ? I reformatted the project using clang-format but it may not have done an ideal job. I'd prefer whatever Xcode generates when you control-I a piece of code.

Sound ok?
Chris