Link your app/project on cocotron.org

Christopher Lloyd

Jun 4, 2015, 9:45:39 PM6/4/15
to cocotr...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I've updated cocotron.org, nothing major, slightly more advanced CGI, fixed styling and updated info for git. One of the headline choices is "Examples", where I link to products/apps/projects which use Cocotron.

If you'd like to show your product here, please provide a link and screenshot(s), I'd be happy to put them up. You can email me directly with any questions/info.

Thanks,
Chris

Georg Seifert

Jun 5, 2015, 10:14:49 AM6/5/15
to cocotr...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I took the new website as impulse to try to setup cocotron (again, after playing with it a few years ago).

The InstallCDT/install.sh script has a few problems.

First, I needed to manually add the folder "/Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/Specifications", and there is a typo in the error message.

Then it can’t find gnutar.

I’m running it on a almost new VM with 10.9. and Xcode 6.2.

I don’t know enough about sh scripts to fix this myself.

Georg

Christopher Lloyd

Jun 12, 2015, 4:17:06 PM6/12/15
to cocotr...@googlegroups.com, georg....@mac.com, georg....@mac.com
Thanks, the install scripts and compiler toolchain still need some work, working on it!

Chris

On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 10:14:49 AM UTC-4, Georg Seifert wrote:
Hi

I took the new website as impulse to try to setup cocotron (again, after playing with it a few years ago).

The InstallCDT/install.sh script has a few problems.

First, I needed to manually add the folder "/Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/Specifications", and there is a typo in the error message.

Then it can’t find gnutar.

I’m running it on a almost new VM with 10.9. and Xcode 6.2.

I don’t know enough about sh scripts to fix this myself.

Georg

> Am 05.06.2015 um 03:45 schrieb Christopher Lloyd
>
> Hi All,
>
> I've updated cocotron.org, nothing major, slightly more advanced CGI, fixed styling and updated info for git. One of the headline choices is "Examples", where I link to products/apps/projects which use Cocotron.
>
> If you'd like to show your product here, please provide a link and screenshot(s), I'd be happy to put them up. You can email me directly with any questions/info.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

mathie...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2015, 3:42:19 PM9/24/15
to Cocotron Developers, georg....@mac.com
I'm also getting

/Developer/Cocotron/1.0/Source/binutils-2.21-20111025/bfd/elf32-i386.c:326:15: error: array index 42 is past the end of the array (which contains 34 elements)

      [-Werror,-Warray-bounds]

      return &elf_howto_table[R_386_IRELATIVE];

              ^               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Developer/Cocotron/1.0/Source/binutils-2.21-20111025/bfd/elf32-i386.c:37:1: note: array 'elf_howto_table' declared here

static reloc_howto_type elf_howto_table[]=

When running install.sh after creating the folder manually above and then installing gnutar like this (http://day-to-day-stuff.blogspot.com/2013/11/installing-gnutar-on-maverick.html)

Is there any small fix that will unblock me until you push a fix?

- Mathieu

On Friday, June 12, 2015 at 1:17:06 PM UTC-7, Christopher Lloyd wrote:
Thanks, the install scripts and compiler toolchain still need some work, working on it!

Chris

On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 10:14:49 AM UTC-4, Georg Seifert wrote:
Hi

I took the new website as impulse to try to setup cocotron (again, after playing with it a few years ago).

The InstallCDT/install.sh script has a few problems.

First, I needed to manually add the folder "/Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/Specifications", and there is a typo in the error message.

Then it can’t find gnutar.

I’m running it on a almost new VM with 10.9. and Xcode 6.2.

I don’t know enough about sh scripts to fix this myself.

Georg

> Am 05.06.2015 um 03:45 schrieb Christopher Lloyd
>
> Hi All,
>
> I've updated cocotron.org, nothing major, slightly more advanced CGI, fixed styling and updated info for git. One of the headline choices is "Examples", where I link to products/apps/projects which use Cocotron.
>
> If you'd like to show your product here, please provide a link and screenshot(s), I'd be happy to put them up. You can email me directly with any questions/info.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

robert...@plasq.com

Sep 25, 2015, 4:47:08 PM9/25/15
to Cocotron Developers, mathie...@gmail.com
Hey Mathieu,

Who let you on here? ;)

And sorry, no idea on what your issue might be - we still build with Xcode 4 for release.

Robert.

mathie...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2015, 4:16:13 PM9/30/15
to Cocotron Developers, mathie...@gmail.com, robert...@plasq.com
Hey Robert! Good to see you all active on here :P

I have an app I've been tinkering with and was wanting to see if I could get it to run on windows. No where near release or anything so I think I'll just put cocoatron and windows aside for now anyway. But it's promising to know that something like Comic Life can be built with it!

- Mathieu

seb...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2015, 11:39:53 AM10/26/15
to Cocotron Developers, mathie...@gmail.com, robert...@plasq.com
I've succesfully compile Cococtron on Yosemite with Xcode 7 and some bash change ...

But i got now one more issue to pass through ...

cc1obj: error: unrecognized command line option "-mmacosx-version-min=10.11"
Command /Developer/Cocotron/1.0/Windows/i386/gcc-4.3.1/bin/i386-pc-mingw32msvc-gcc failed with exit code 1

Well, let's fix this .... So How add "-mmacosx-version-min=10.11" inside GCC 4.3.2, which on the earth which fil have to be modified  ???
i despondently tried to modify many files like opts.c, c-opts.c, gcc.c ... and so on, but i still without any kind of great flavour or effect on gcc

it's the LAST STEP to succeed from the next one, hope we soon all take advantage of thoses fixes.

Regards.

robert...@plasq.com

Oct 26, 2015, 11:45:09 AM10/26/15
to Cocotron Developers, mathie...@gmail.com, robert...@plasq.com, seb...@gmail.com
We explicitly unset the deployment target to avoid the option getting set (it's really irrelevant for Cocotron as there's no particular OS version it's targeting:)

In our xccconfig we have:

MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET =

No mods of compiler files needed.

seb...@gmail.com

seb...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2015, 1:32:40 PM10/26/15
to Cocotron Developers, mathie...@gmail.com, robert...@plasq.com, seb...@gmail.com
I've check and all is has you suggest ... and try with a fressh non modified cocotron project
Maybe, it's time to assume it's Xcode 7 or whatever, somewhere in GCC i read say : "if nothing in mmacos_min_version || something compile on Darwin then do { define macos_min_version=LATEST_SDK}"

I can't pass this mecanism, is there the right file to bypass this and so where should i look ?

Regards.