Any idea bout freeze at glDrawArrays ?

Bastien Sevajol

Dec 21, 2017, 9:05:47 AM12/21/17
to cocos2d discuss
Hello,

I'm debugging a cocos2d program freezeing on the following line:

glDrawArrays(mode, vertex_list.start, vertex_list.count)

In pyglet.graphics.vertexdomain.VertexDomain#draw method. When i debug, next line is never reached. Any idea about this ? I am not yet able to produce a minimal code to reproduce...

Thank's,
Bastien.

Bastien Sevajol

Dec 21, 2017, 9:48:43 AM12/21/17
to cocos2d discuss
Hi again,

It is a more generalized problem. With a fresh virtual env, under Ubuntu 16.04, all demo script in https://github.com/liamrahav/cocos2d-python-tutorials are freezed to.
The error only happens to me after a suspend/sleep mode of my computer, but i am in relation with someone who have the same problem without suspend/sleep it's computer.

This error looks very strange ... I hope you have a track !

Bastien Sevajol

Dec 30, 2017, 2:38:29 PM12/30/17
to cocos2d discuss
Hello,
We found a solution to à part of this problem : Both the director.init() and director.run() calls must be in the main process. If Both the director.init() and director.run() calls are in an other process it can work on some machines.
Note : the problem is solved for the other developper where nothing work, but i still have the bug after suspend mode.
Bastien.