Drawing Compute Shader buffer to Texture

Federico

Feb 13, 2019, 9:21:42 PM2/13/19
to cocos2d discuss
Hi,
I'm creating a fluid simulator based on the Navier-Stokes equations. Everything is done in compute shaders and it's working really well but now I want to integrate it in a Cocos' Node.
I'm quite new with this amazing library and I'm a little lost; I've tried tinkering with the ParticleSystem code but I figured it will be faster to simply ask for help.

The final compute buffer contains the alpha values of each particles and I just need to transform it in a texture and draw it. For performance reasons, it would be better to not read it in a numpy array and do everything inside the graphic pipeline, but every solution could do.

Can you help me laying out a base skeleton to start out with?

Thanks a lot!