Peruser 2.1.1 available for download

stub

Mar 15, 2008, 2:12:29 PM3/15/08
to using Cocoon as a Semantic Platform
This week my team released our open-source (Apache License 2.0) work
in progress as
Peruser version 2.1.1, available for download on Sourceforge, linked
from the Peruser website:

http://www.peruser.net

All Peruser features are accessed from Cocoon using a DOM-Transformer
called PeruserTransformer.
(An InputModule is also in the works).

The most immediately useful feature in this version is the facility
for running SPARQL queries
under Cocoon 2.1.x. (Tested with 2.1.9, 2.1.10, 2.1.11). The
framework relies on
Jena's ARQ engine to process the queries.

Simple SPARQL queries (against one model with no inference) may be set
up quite easily in the sitemap.
More complex queries (against multiple models, with inference) require
you to create a Peruser-specific
configuration RDF model.

Also of use is is a module called "Projector" for creating an XML
hierarchy from RDF.
This can be used, for example, to make a dump of a taxonomy class
+instance tree for display.
Again, the configuration for this "projection" process is specified
using RDF.

We have included some demonstration queries using Version 9 of the
SWEET Tools dataset from
Mike Bergman's website.

There's not much caching in place yet: Most models are re-loaded
every time they're queried.
We're working on that area.

Your comments, questions and suggestions are most welcome!

Stu