Virtual and physical training on coconut for farmers & agricultural officers : 24/25 April (virtual); 2-4 May (PNG, field); 10-12 May (Fiji, field).

RolandBourdeix

Apr 3, 2023, 6:39:25 PM4/3/23
to Coconut

The Pacific Community (SPC) is organizing a virtual and physical training on coconut for farmers & agricultural officers  at the following dates: 24/25 April (virtual); 2-4 May (PNG, field); 10-12 May (Fiji, field).
The workshop, in English language, will: 1) Equip farmers and extensionists with the necessary information and tools to effectively conserve in situ and develop coconut varieties for improved livelihoods; and 2) Strengthen germplasm data management on coconut varieties.

Here is the link to access all the details about these meetings, and how to register:

https://www.coconutmuseum.org/2023/04/diff-009.html

Many technical video presentations prepared for this meeting are already online on YouTube. You can access the full list by clicking here. Please do not hesitate to comment, to ask questions and… like the videos!

https://www.coconutmuseum.org/2022/04/diff003.html

The workshop will be held under the auspices of a project supported by the FAO-ITPGRFA Benefit-Sharing Fund entitled: Safeguarding threatened coconut diversity within the upgraded International Coconut Genebank for the South Pacific.

Messias Pereira

Apr 4, 2023, 7:22:35 AM4/4/23
to coc...@googlegroups.com, RolandBourdeix
Dear Roland

Thank you very much for the invitation.

Congratulations to you and all the organizers.

Kind regards

Messias G Pereira

--
Please check if the subject line of your reply needs to be changed

Getting too many emails? Go to http://groups.google.com/group/coconut/subscribe
Abridged option - 1 email summarising new activity; or
Digest option - up to 25 new messages bundled into a single email.
---

Karness Kusto

Apr 4, 2023, 7:46:39 PM4/4/23
to coc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks very much

--
Please check if the subject line of your reply needs to be changed

Getting too many emails? Go to http://groups.google.com/group/coconut/subscribe
Abridged option - 1 email summarising new activity; or
Digest option - up to 25 new messages bundled into a single email.
---

Karness K. Kusto
EPP Manager RMI National Training Council
P.O Box 3125
Majuro MH, 96960
Phone : 692 625 4521/4522
Mobile: 692 455 3925

felix kweku

Apr 7, 2023, 2:19:20 AM4/7/23
to coc...@googlegroups.com
noted and thanks

Mr. Felix K. M. Swanzy Agric. Extension and Rural Sociologist Ag. Head-Commerce & Information CSIR- Oil Palm Research Institute Te: +233-0244870117 +233-0205590666 email: swanz...@yahoo.com Only Believe Ent Te: +233-0244870117 +233-0205590666 email: swanz...@yahoo.com

Unnikrishnan Nampoothiri

Apr 9, 2023, 9:30:38 AM4/9/23
to coc...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr.Bourdeix

Thank you for the information. I wish the programme all the success. As I am retired and settled in kerala  I am not able to attend programmes, especially those aborad. You look a little different in the photograph since we met at Kasaragod  in 2016. Do you have any comments on the book on coconut edited by me and published by springer? ( The coconut palm- The research and develop\opment perspectives,,2019).
With best regards
K.U.K.Nampoothiri

--
K.U.K.Nampoothiri

Karness Kusto

RolandBourdeix

Apr 12, 2023, 10:17:34 PM4/12/23
to Coconut
Here is the link to register online to this meeting. Virtual sessions are free and open to all coconut farmers and stakeholders, but you need to register online.
Here is the Zoom registration link:
https://spc.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMtd-6hpzkjH90WxRx9gEx526-Hpj47M1Om
The Pacific Community (SPC) is organizing a virtual and physical workshop for Pacific region farmers & agricultural officers on in situ coconut conservation at the following dates: 24/25 April (virtual); 2-4 May (PNG, field); 10-12 May (Fiji, field).

Ramón Artemio Castillo

Apr 15, 2023, 8:38:44 PM4/15/23
to coc...@googlegroups.com
Dear Roland