Coconut planting devices: Classical, New,and the Newest! Group planting of 3 or 4 palms.....

Roland Bourdeix

Apr 13, 2022, 4:15:47 PM4/13/22
to coc...@googlegroups.com
Here are some brend new ways to plant coconut trees! Group planting of trees reduces the risks associated with cyclones and promotes interplanting of vegetables or other crops... see the details on my new website:

After a brief presentation of conventional planting devices, we analyze a new group coconut plantation device (G3PH). We come to the conclusion that the planting density proposed so far is excessive. We then proposes various innovative solutions. Some consist only of separating groups of coconut palms in order to reach more appropriate planting densities. Others then explore various planting arrangements in groups of three or four coconut palms (G4K1, G3K1), with the progressive elimination of the least productive coconut palms to increase the genetic value and the productivity of the plantation. Finally, it specifies the situations in which these group planting systems are most appropriate, and the increases in yield or resilience that can be expected.

Pub planting devices Anglais web.jpg

João Pedro de Barros Reicao cordido

Apr 14, 2022, 2:34:51 PM4/14/22
to 'Roland Bourdeix' via Coconut
Dear Professor Bourdeix, good afternoon
My name is João Pedro Cordido, and I,m a agronomist from Rio de Janeiro - Brasil and I follow your work and this yahoo group since 2013, its very interesting and didatic all information and your work (your blog is full of good ideas and observations)
In my Master degree I studied Nitrogen in Coconut and in my PhD I did a databank in eucalyptus to observe differences between highly and less productive plants, their nutrition and rain and sun light use and efficieny
At now I have a project to create a databank about edaphic and climatic conditions to understand historical different environment conditions to plants and their response in production (to sugarcane in Rio de Janeiro)

Create and analise a databank is not a easy work, but explain the minimal necessity to plant survive and the the oposite condition is the highest nutrient accumulation and biomass production (using a boundary line technic) (in annex are my PhD thesis).

I want create a coconut world databank, and his edaphic and climatic condition, if is your interest we can talk about and do a research together.

Att. João Pedro de Barros Reicao Cordido

Engenheiro Agrônomo -  FCAV-UNESP
Mestre em Produção Vegetal - UENF
Doutor em Solos e Nutrição de Plantas - UFV
Pós Doutorando - UENF

--
Please check if the subject line of your reply needs to be changed

Getting too many emails? Go to http://groups.google.com/group/coconut/subscribe
Abridged option - 1 email summarising new activity; or
Digest option - up to 25 new messages bundled into a single email.
---
Tese JPCordido.pdf
Message has been deleted