Re: Corona - coconut connection!!!

Rethinam P

Mar 27, 2020, 2:56:43 AM3/27/20
to Rajagopal Velamoor, Prabhakar Tamboli, Ramesh Deshpande, Jitendra Srivastava, Pratap Deshmukh, Chandrashekhar Ranade, THIRUMANGALAM SAMPATH, Uma Lele, Emmanuel D'Silva, Prem Garg, Ram Janakiram, Gurushri Swamy, Balu Bumb, Jayasankar Shivakumar, SR PRABHU, Dr. M. Mahadevappa, Gauthama rallapalli, Sai gopal D.V.R, br...@coconutresearchcenter.org, Subbaiah Chalivendra, NM Nayar (G Mail), Unnikrishnan Nampoothiri, ROHINI IYER, Raj Paroda, coc...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr Rajagopal
Greetings
 Thanks for your mail  COCONUT  -CORONA  CONNECTIONS.  Very good initiation . Just now I talked to Mr Thampan also. He also said he had given  in Face Book a few days before.
TWO DAYS BEFORE i WAS READING  you tube  video statement of Dr.Mantena Satyanarayana Raju was suggesting storing food for 21 days without going out of House . THE FIRST THING HE MENTIONED WAS COCONUT .Buy 20 -20 coconut and keep it house  . He was mentioning that taking   100    gm coconut  contains  404   calories AND ALL WHO HAVE SUGAR PRESSURE CAN TAKE THIS WITHOUT FEAR.
NOW LET US LOOK AT THE WELL KNOWN  HEALTH BENEFITS OF COCONUT  AND COCONUT OIL AS WELL AS OTHER OILHEALTH PRODUCTS.
As you rightly said it has anti Viral, anti Bacterial  , anti Fungal and many other pharmacutical properties  as well as nutraceutical properties  besides cosmocuticals.
Evidences are there to show that HIV / AIDS has been cured by  eating coconut and drinking coconut oil.Coconut milk has been equared with mothers milk  to build body resistance .
I understand that Mr P.K.Thampan Former Chief Coconut Development Officer who authored many books in coconut , who supported research on coconut oil in India had given the  anti viral , anti bacterial , anti fungal and anti protozoal properties  of coconut oil in his book on Coconut for Prosperity and also Facts and Fallacies of  coconut oil . When I was Chairman , Coconut Development Board , Kochi, GOI as well as  Executive Director  Asian and Pacific Coconut Community, Jakarta , Indonesia  brought out  many publications on Health Benefits of Coconut  and also Virgin Coconut . Ialso talked in UNESCAP  MEETING HELD  in Bankok  and in other countries. during  my time 2002 to 2006.
Dr Mary Enig  and Dr .John Kabra , well known American Scientist  had stressed the benefit  Lauric acid present in coconut (48.0 %) and the benefit of Monolaurin  in anti viral properties .Dr Dayrit, well renouned Doctor  from Phillippines  have contributed lot in the subject proved with clinical data.
Polyculture in coconut  for Humid Tropics  and Coastal Plains  authored by Dr P.Rethinam and Dr K. Sivaraman , aPoblication supported by Planning Commission Govermment of India  published by NATURAL RESOURCES INDIA FOUNDATION , New Delhi (2009 ) also gives the health benefits of Coconut.Dr.Bruce ,Coconut Research centre also brought out many books on health  benefits of coconut  and coconut oil.
Having said this  my mind strongly tells that while research on coconut connections can go on oneside  which may be a long term effort , as a short  term measure of taking  two table spoon ful of coconut oil pure  per day  will provide  the required amount of  both Lauric acid and capric acid which will help to build up resistance in the body .
 The fast spread of Covid 19  in US, Italy , China etc can be slowed down by building up body resistance  . We donot say that this is a cure  but help to build up resistance through natural product coconut .
P.RETHINAM

Mar 27, 2020, 3:21:15 AM3/27/20
to Rajagopal Velamoor, Prabhakar Tamboli, Ramesh Deshpande, Jitendra Srivastava, Pratap Deshmukh, Chandrashekhar Ranade, THIRUMANGALAM SAMPATH, Uma Lele, Emmanuel D'Silva, Prem Garg, Ram Janakiram, Gurushri Swamy, Balu Bumb, Jayasankar Shivakumar, SR PRABHU, Dr. M. Mahadevappa, Gauthama rallapalli, Sai gopal D. V. R, br...@coconutresearchcenter.org, Subbaiah Chalivendra, NM Nayar (G Mail), Unnikrishnan Nampoothiri, ROHINI IYER, Raj Paroda, coc...@googlegroups.com
Am also wondering if coconut oil with its anti-microbial properties can be a first line of defence against the covid-19 virus if smeared on the insides of the nostrils, hands and other exposed body parts.
Any thoughts?
Murali Gopal
ICAR-CPCRI
Kasaragod
--
Please check if the subject line of your reply needs to be changed

Getting too many emails? Go to http://groups.google.com/group/coconut/subscribe
Abridged option - 1 email summarising new activity; or
Digest option - up to 25 new messages bundled into a single email.
---

João Pedro de Barros Reicao cordido

Mar 27, 2020, 7:17:18 PM3/27/20
to Rajagopal Velamoor, Prabhakar Tamboli, Ramesh Deshpande, Jitendra Srivastava, Pratap Deshmukh, Chandrashekhar Ranade, THIRUMANGALAM SAMPATH, Uma Lele, Emmanuel D'Silva, Prem Garg, Ram Janakiram, Gurushri Swamy, Balu Bumb, Jayasankar Shivakumar, SR PRABHU, Dr. M. Mahadevappa, Gauthama rallapalli, Sai gopal D. V. R, br...@coconutresearchcenter.org, Subbaiah Chalivendra, NM Nayar (G Mail), Unnikrishnan Nampoothiri, ROHINI IYER, Raj Paroda, coc...@googlegroups.com
Better in this time not create a expectative to a miracle without science, leave the coconut far from a any polemic

Att. João Pedro de Barros Reicao Cordido

Engenheiro Agrônomo -  FCAV-UNESP
Mestre em Produção Vegetal - UENF
Doutor em Solos e Nutrição de Plantas - UFV
Pós Doutorando - UENF

Richard Illingworth

Mar 27, 2020, 8:59:47 PM3/27/20
to 'João Pedro de Barros Reicao cordido' via Coconut, rajv...@gmail.com, pal...@hotmail.com
Dear Dr Rethinam
Whereas Mr Thampan is a prodigious and much appreciated writer on Coconut over many years, I cannot find any reference to the anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-protozoal properties of coconut oil which you mention in his Coconut for Prosperity or in Facts and Fallacies of Coconut Oil.
I should be most grateful if you would point me to the chapter, section or even pages in which they appear.
Thanking you in anticipation.
Richard Illingworth
Costa Rica
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/coconut/1923949762.30844.1585350984892%40mail.yahoo.com.