Be Happy with what God is giving you now

1 view

Aimekim Eben-Ezer

Nov 26, 2015, 10:30:40 AM11/26/15
to coco...@yahoogroups.com, cocom

Be Happy with what God is Giving Now

On this day of thanksgiving some people are not still satisfied with what God has given them now. They seek to have more and are ready to compromise their faith and life for the present enjoyment. We need to understand that God never forsakes His people. Everybody, good or bad, rich or poor, black or white is a man/woman of God, created in the image of God. And God gives to everyone what is sufficient for living. As the Bible states that God causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous, Matthew 5: 45.

It is imprudent to fall into temptation on this day of Thanksgiving thinking that what you have is not enough or God has forgotten you. No, as an American idiom says: “the grass is always greener on the side of the fence”, do not fool yourself to think that the other guy, wife, marriage, church, pastor, parent, kid, school, country is better than what you have.

The Bible always encourages us to be thankful for what we have now. For tomorrow God will take of that by His providence. “Do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own,” Matthew 6:34.

Many people have messed up their lives, education, career, family, ministry, church, community, country, because they have failed to apply Jesus’ principle to trust on God and to work daily with God’s assistance. Instead of listening to the Word of God and work, they turn to prostitution, magic, occultism, drug, divorce, mysticism, illicit activities to get what they are looking for.

Example of Jacob and Rachel

The example of Jacob and Rachel illustrates rightly how impatience and unbelief plays havoc in the life of a man.

Now when Rachel saw that she bore Jacob no children, she became jealous of her sister, and she said to Jacob, “Give me children, or else I die,” Then Jacob’s anger burned against Rachel, and he said, “Am I in the place of God, who has withheld from you the fruit of the womb?” Rachel said to Jacob, Here is my maid Bilhah, go in to her that she may bear on my knees, that through her I too may have children, Genesis 30: 1-3

This story reveals that Rachel’s impatience leads to:

1.      Jealousy. Jealousy comes when one thinks that the other person has more than he/she has. Jealousy is the source of hatred, strife, war, separation, division in the world.

2.      Idolatry, instead of asking to God she asks to man (Jacob) to give her children.

3.      Sexual immorality, she encourages her husband to sleep with her servant. Many today engage into sexual immorality in order to get money, job, prestige, etc

Conclusion

“Each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death,” James 1: 14-15

Pastor Aime Eben-Ezer

Love Evangelical Church