Noah Finds Favor in the Eyes of God

Aimekim Eben-Ezer

Jan 16, 2017, 8:57:24 AM1/16/17
to coco...@yahoogroups.com, cocom

Noah Finds Favor in the Eyes of God, Gen. 6:8

The Bible in Genesis 6 tells us in antiquity God have destroyed all humans and animals in the face of the earth because of sin and corruption. Only Noah found favor in the eyes of God and his family and couples of each type of animal were spared.

Life in this world is full of surprises. Traumatic life events unexpectedly occur to all humans without exception. These life events (death, threatening injury, sickness, losing job, divorce, barrenness or not making children in marriage, etc.) undermine our abilities to live well.

These traumatic life events may come naturally or may come from Satan, or sometimes they may come from God as an indication of punishment from our disobedience. No matter their origin God’s mercy can overwrite the consequence of these troubles or can spare us from these horrendous life threatening events.

These events take away our peace and inner tranquility. We need God’s mercy to save us from these unexpected threats. Unfortunately, nowadays many Bible teachers and preachers tarnish the notion of the favor of God. They mislead countless of people in a counterfeit faith or belief. They teach the best way to have the favor of God is Prayer, Fasting, Going to church, Giving tithe or money, etc. Although these religious practices are commendable to good and faithful Christian life, they are not the primary and driving motive that causes God to have mercy or a favorable eye on us in time of trouble. Even though we pray or fast… we do sin our prayer or fasting is pointless and fruitless.

The only thing that makes God to have a favorable eye on us in time of trouble or crisis is our righteousness before Him when we separate ourselves from the corruption of this world. We have to understand the only thing that separates us from God and pushes Him to turn on us His back is our SIN. The book of Isaiah 59 demonstrates clearly that the hand of God is not too short to save us nor His ear so dull to hear us but our sins have made a separation between us and Him.

In the time of Noah God decided to destroy all humans and animals in the face of the earth. Only Noah found favor in the eyes of God and God saved. Why? Because Noah was different from others, Noah feared God, Noah disliked sin, Noah was a righteous man in the midst of a corrupt nation.

I do not mean Christian will not suffer in this world but rather I teach God can rescue those who fear Him even when they are in turmoil as Psalm 34:19 says: “Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivers him out of them all.

Aimé Eben-Ezer

Follow me in my Facebook page.

I am glad to be your friend.