What I saw in the city of Capernaum during my last year pilgrimage in Israel

Aimekim Eben-Ezer

Jan 24, 2017, 4:58:51 PM1/24/17
to coco...@yahoogroups.com, cocom

What I saw in the city of Capernaum during my last year pilgrimage in Israel

“Everything will pass away, the Word of God will not pass away”

The modern city of Capernaum is a barren and desert place in Israel now because people of Capernaum did not believe in Jesus despite all the miracles He performed there. The only living area now is the area where there are the house of Peter and the Synagogue. People come every day from all over the world to visit this site in order to witness the veracity of the word of God.

Do you believe and accept the Word of Jesus?

Do not be like people of Capernaum.

What Jesus said to Capernaum has happened.

  • Jesus was born in Bethlehem, after Herod wanted to kill the baby Mary and Joseph parents of Jesus fled to Egypt.
  • After the death of Herod, they wanted to return to Bethlehem but an angel of God warned them to reside there, they went to Nazareth.
  • Jesus spent his childhood in Nazareth that is why they call him Jesus of Nazareth.
  • When Jesus started his ministry He went to Galilee. People of Galilee were considered irreligious. Most of Jesus’ apostles (Peter, Andrew, James, John and Matthew), were from Galilee (Mark 1:16-21, 29).
  • Jesus Christ established the Headquarter of His ministry in Capernaum.
  • Capernaum was surrounded by these villages: Chorazin and Bethsaida.
  • Capernaum was one of the cities in the region of Galilee.
  • Jesus had often stayed in the house of Peter in Capernaum and preached in the synagogue of Capernaum (Luke 7:5)
  • Jesus performed more miracles and wonders in this city than in other cities of Israel.
  • Despite all of these miracles people of Capernaum did not accept Jesus as the Messiah proclaimed by God.
  •  Therefore, Jesus pronounced doom on the inhabitants of Capernaum.

“Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. 14 But it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment than for you. And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades.Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me.” (Luke 10:13-16)