pod setup fails with "cannot load such file -- active_support/core_ext/string/strip"

Cutler

Mar 9, 2022, 11:39:43 AMMar 9
to CocoaPods
Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7
Ruby 3.1.0
rbenv
export GEM_HOME=$HOME/.gem
export GEM_PATH=$HOME/.gem

Cocoapods is a dependency I need for Flutter. Previous installations were a breeze but after upgrading Ruby to 3.1.0 `pod install` fails with "cannot load such file -- active_support/core_ext/string/strip" and that's after I had to re-install the gems: xcodeproj, claide, colored2 for some reason. Why can't cocoapods install whatever dependencies it requires? I have activesupport-7.0.2.2 installed so why can't cocoapods see it?

Cutler

Mar 12, 2022, 9:08:44 AMMar 12
to CocoaPods
Update: before anyone suggests Ruby 3.0 instead of 3.1 I did that, and earlier Ruby versions. Re-installed cocoapods, xcodeproj and activesupport each time but `pod setup` still gives me the same active_support/core_ext/string/strip error.

Cutler

Mar 14, 2022, 9:36:55 PMMar 14
to CocoaPods
The only way I could get `pod setup` to work was by removing the  $GEM_HOME and $GEM_PATH from my env then re-installing cocoapods so that gems installed below ~/.rbenv. I never needed this in the past so what has changed? Why are these env vars mentioned in the docs as if they're ok to use?