2 questions

Robert Clair

Apr 4, 2019, 5:33:23 PM4/4/19
to cocoah...@googlegroups.com
1) This is really driving me nuts. I’m trying to build a Mac OS project that hasn’t been looked at in a year and a half. I keep getting this error:

> Compiling for earlier than macOS 10.6 is no longer supported. [12]

I’ve looked high and low and I don’t see where xcode thinks I’m trying to do that. The deployment target is set to 10.12 in the project file. Has anyone ever seen this or something like it? Any insight much appreciated.

xcode 10.1, MacOS 10.13.6

2) For many years I’ve used esellerate for both payments and for serial number generation and verification. But now Digital River (the owner) is closing esellerate.I have to move onto another payment system and another serial number system. I’m leaning toward using FastSpring and Aquatic Prime.I haven’t checked out the details but supposedly FastSpring can be easily set up to use AP. A side benefit is that my apps are already set up with a primitive AP system that I use to extend the trial period. The less time digging around in code that I wrote sixteen years ago and haven’t looked at since, the better.Anyone have anything good or bad to say about any of the payment processors/store software or serial number software?
thx,
bob

Robert Clair
rcl...@chromaticbytes.com

Daniel Jalkut

Apr 4, 2019, 5:42:32 PM4/4/19
to cocoah...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert -

> On Apr 4, 2019, at 5:33 PM, Robert Clair <rcl...@elroberto.com> wrote:
>
> I’ve looked high and low and I don’t see where xcode thinks I’m trying to do that. The deployment target is set to 10.12 in the project file. Has anyone ever seen this or something like it? Any insight much appreciated.

Have you also looked in the target settings? There could also be deployment target settings on your xib that could be causing it. Probably if you look in the “Report Navigator” you will find the error messages more closely correlated with the specific files/targets causing the problem.

Daniel

Demitri Muna

Apr 4, 2019, 5:43:47 PM4/4/19
to CocoaHeadsNYC
Hi Bob,

Check your nib files. They each have a target OS setting (file format). I ran into this recently.

Demitri

---

Demitri Muna

Apr 4, 2019, 5:44:47 PM4/4/19