/dev/world/2016 Call for Presentations –– closes Friday!

Paris Buttfield-Addison

May 21, 2016, 5:11:45 PM5/21/16
to Australian Cocoaheads
Hi everyone!

/dev/world is now in its 9th year, and we're looking for YOU! We'd love to get some talks from the CocoaHeads community, and the CFP is now open (closing on Friday at 5PM). We're in Melbourne on the 30th and 31st August (with workshops the day before on the 29th).

More info on the website: http://2016.devworld.com.au

As a reminder, /dev/world can cover travel expenses (up to certain limits) for ALL excepted presenters: http://auc.edu.au/policies/presenter-support/

Here's some additional info:

The /dev/world/2016 call for presenters is now open! We're looking for talks from developers, designers, tinkerers, hackers, and makers of all skills levels, and at all levels of public speaking experience. The CFP closes on 27 May 2016.

/dev/world accepts talks on any topic of interest to those developing for Apple technologies and platforms, such as OS X, iOS, watchOS, and tvOS. We're also interested in talks for those developing using Apple platforms, for other platforms, including the web, and cross-platform application and game development.

Topics we'd love to see this year are listed below, but the list is not exhaustive, and we're interested in anything fits the above description!

  • best practices for architecting Swift or Objective-C apps
  • working with the Swift Open Source project
  • using Swift on other platforms, such as Android, or Linux
  • using languages and technologies such as Python, Ruby, Node.js, on iOS and OS X
  • iOS game development using anything from SceneKit to Cocos 2D to Unity 3D
  • interoperating with other platforms, such as Android
  • cross-platform development tools, such as React Native or Xamarin
  • successes and failures in development and design
  • testing and quality assurance
  • working with cloud services
  • hardware, internet-of-things, and makers
  • user experience and design for phones, tablets, TV, watches, and desktops
Sessions can be in the form of 30 minute sessions, 40 minute sessions, or half-day workshops. Workshops will run on Monday, 29 August 2016, followed by the conference on Tuesday, 30 August 2016, and Wednesday 31 August 2016.

Submissions close 5PM on Friday 27th May.

If you have any questions, please email the team at devworld AT auc.edu.au or tweet us at @AUC_ANZ

If you'd like to sponsor, please reach out to sponsorship AT auc.edu.au for a prospectus.

Cheers!
Paris
/dev/world/2016 co-organiser