Study group requirements

1 view

Radamanthus Batnag

Jan 16, 2010, 2:07:11 AM1/16/10
to cocoaheads-manila
You will need:

0. A machine running OS X 10.5 or later.
Using a Hackintosh may be possible, but I haven't tried it. If you
value your time, you're probably better off just plunking 30K on a Mac
Mini than spending hours in trying to setup your Hackintosh.

1. The lecture materials, downloadable here:
http://www.stanford.edu/class/cs193p/cgi-bin/drupal/

2. XCode 3.x latest plus latest iPhone SDK, downloadable here:
http://developer.apple.com/iphone/index.action#downloads (free
registration required)

3. Familiarity with C/C++. This is not an entry-level programming
course. If you're just starting out, Stanford CS106B is also available
in iTunesU.

I have already downloaded:
XCode 3.2.1 + iPhone SDK 3.1.2 for Snow Leopard
XCode 3.1.4 + iPhone SDK 3.1.2 for Leopard
2009 CS193P videos
First two of the 2010 CS193P videos

These are huge downloads, and if that's an impediment to you, we can
meet in Ortigas and I can give you a DVD of these files.

Regards,
rad