Assignment 1-B: yes, 1-B

1 view

ruben d canlas jr

Mar 2, 2010, 7:32:50 AM3/2/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

Sorry -- I'm running Snow Leopard :)

To everyone:

I'm just catching up with the assignments (buti nagkasakit ako -- had time to do my backlog hehe).

In Assignment 1-B, the instructions are to open a Foundation Tool project. When I open my Xcode, I cannot find any Foundation Tool template. Does it mean installing additional files from my Mac OS X installer disc?

Thanks

RUBEN CANLAS JR.
****************************
MS Information Technology Mgt, MBA
Mobile: 0917 815 5930

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 4:45 PM, paul_sns <plab...@gmail.com> wrote:
It looks like your Leopard days will be short-lived, iPad SDK requires
us to upgrade to Snow Leopard.
I'm also not very keen with it, but can you argue with Steve? Even
Adobe seems to be having a hard time... :)

On Feb 11, 3:32 pm, ruben d canlas jr <rubencan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> maraming salamat, eumir at paul! :)
>
> i actually joined ADC and downloaded the SDK when it came out, only to find
> out that my MacBook needed to be upgraded to a Leopard (which I did not
> like). so now that i've upgraded my Mac, exactong Radam invited me to join.
> now, wala nang excuse!
>
> RUBEN CANLAS JR.
> ----------------------------------------------------------------http://CouchKamote.com
> "When your computer wont power up always complain to IT before checking to
> see if you've switched on the monitor"
>
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 3:08 PM, paul_sns <plab.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I totally agree with Ruben, that's why we're in this study group in
> > the first place. :)
>
> > Here's a link to the assignment documents:
> >http://www.stanford.edu/class/cs193p/
>
> > Cheers,
> > Paul

ruben d canlas jr

Mar 2, 2010, 7:34:55 AM3/2/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
Pahabol. My Xcode menu contains:

Application
Framework & Library > Cocoa Framework
Application Plug-in
System Plug-in
Other

RUBEN CANLAS JR.
****************************
MS Information Technology Mgt, MBA
Mobile: 0917 815 5930

ruben d canlas jr

Mar 2, 2010, 10:04:19 AM3/2/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
I think I found a workaround. I explored every option and found Command Line Tool under Mac OS X. Set the dropdown to Foundation and opened a new project. So far I could run the NSString path manipulations. Still a long way to go though.

If you guys know a better solution (to make my menu look like the menu shown in Assignment 1-B, it would be great).

RUBEN CANLAS JR.
****************************
MS Information Technology Mgt, MBA
Mobile: 0917 815 5930

Radamanthus Batnag

Mar 2, 2010, 10:28:33 AM3/2/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
Yep, you've found it, benc. There's no workaround. That's the project type you need to use if you're on Snow Leopard/XCode 3.2. The instructions on the handouts were for Leopard/XCode 3.1.

I blogged about it here:

ruben d canlas jr

Mar 2, 2010, 10:33:06 AM3/2/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
Ah, thanks! Got through the concats. Now figuring out the arrays :)

RUBEN CANLAS JR.
****************************
MS Information Technology Mgt, MBA
Mobile: 0917 815 5930

paul_sns

Mar 2, 2010, 7:17:57 PM3/2/10
to cocoaheads-manila
Oops sorry Ruben ngayon ko lang nakita yung quesion mo. I'm new to
Google groups and yung online version (no emails) lang yung gamit ko
so di ko napansin lahat ng threads.

Anyway, I'm glad Rad already blogged about your inquiry. I'm also new
to Snow (I did the earlier Assignments using Leopard) so I wouldn't be
able to handle that question as well as Rad's blog.

Good luck with the arrays!

Cheers,
Paul