how many iphones in PH?

Rupert de Guzman

Jul 26, 2010, 11:13:48 PM7/26/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I heard that some of you guys have iphone apps in the store. Just wondering how many iphones out there in the PHilippines? 100k? 500k? Currently here in AU, OPTUS has around 900k. After checking itunes connect, i have 10k downloads for the past 5 weeks for MyTravelPhilippines. I am wondering how far will it go as to build the business case...

BTW, I dont know if I introduced myself here.. Back in the PH, I did lbs/sms based apps (Globe tracker, gps, maps..). In China, I did RoR and mobile dev related to travel. When I migrated to AU last year, I started iphone dev catered to GIS which consequently won a spot in the NavteqLBS for APAC.. Since, I am so far down under, well, I guess I am interested in getting an understanding of the paid and free stats for the PH market.. I am willing to share stats if anyone is interested.. and would love to hear your horror/success app stories.. :)

Also, I am looking at freelance, passionate developers (RoR/iphone preferred) who is interested in a travel related (similar to foursquare, lonely planet) web/mobile project.. My vision is to have this home-grown at first.. pinoy made.. before getting other people involved..

Ayos,
Rupert