Session #2

Radamanthus Batnag

Feb 9, 2010, 9:14:18 AM2/9/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
Last meetup we said we'll try to tackle Lectures 3 and 4 and assignments 2A and 2B over the weekend. We might not finish it, but we'll use our progress over the weekend to gauge if we can finish the assignments by Thursday, February 11.

How's everyone doing? Are we on for February 11? Or should we postpone to next week?

Eumir Gaspar

Feb 9, 2010, 9:23:54 AM2/9/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
I haven't started it yet but I'll try to do it later or tomorrow and see if i can finish. How are the others?
--
Eumir Gaspar
Web Developer

paul_sns

Feb 9, 2010, 10:00:53 PM2/9/10
to cocoaheads-manila
Most challenging assignment so far. :) Had problems with calling init
methods and setting the label values but was able to resolve them
eventually. Still trying to smoothen out a few rough edges but should
be finished by tomorrow. Would you know if there's a way to make the
button look like it's really disabled?

Hope to hear your challenges also while working on the assignments.

ruben d canlas jr

Feb 9, 2010, 11:05:45 PM2/9/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
So far, so good. Basics of OOP and Cocoa pa. I just upgraded my laptop, so I need to install Cocoa here and start doing the stuff in the lecture.

RUBEN CANLAS JR.
http://CouchKamote.com
"When your computer wont power up always complain to IT before checking to see if you've switched on the monitor"

Buddy

Feb 9, 2010, 11:37:06 PM2/9/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
ako palang ba ni nakakasimula ng assignments for this week?
dont judge a game by it's screenshot -keikun17

Christopher Rigor

Feb 9, 2010, 11:46:58 PM2/9/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
Ako rin. Mamaya ko pa lang gagawin.

Radamanthus Batnag

Feb 9, 2010, 11:55:18 PM2/9/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
Crammers!

Ako rin eh.

Do you guys think it's a good idea to move to next week? We should do
it on Wednesday Feb.17, though, so as not to conflict with PhRUG on
Feb.18. This will also give more time to those people like benc who
are still catching up.

What do you think?

Eumir Gaspar

Feb 10, 2010, 12:10:13 AM2/10/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
 i think next week is better, i havent finished 2a yet and i don't think cramming is good right now haha. but that's just me though.

Buddy

Feb 10, 2010, 12:23:20 AM2/10/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
+1 for next week

paul_sns

Feb 10, 2010, 12:51:29 AM2/10/10
to cocoaheads-manila
Ok next week bros! But I'm still not sure if I can attend since my
wife usually has meetings on Wednesdays. Baby-sitter mode muna ako.
But please proceed without me, I'll just try to participate in the
online discussions after the meeting. :)

Rad, I thought you already completed this polygon assignment from last
year? =P

On Feb 10, 1:23 pm, Buddy <keiku...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 for next week
>

> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Eumir Gaspar <imacaterpil...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> >  i think next week is better, i havent finished 2a yet and i don't think
> > cramming is good right now haha. but that's just me though.
>
> > On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Radamanthus Batnag <
> > radamant...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Crammers!
>
> >> Ako rin eh.
>
> >> Do you guys think it's a good idea to move to next week? We should do
> >> it on Wednesday Feb.17, though, so as not to conflict with PhRUG on
> >> Feb.18. This will also give more time to those people like benc who
> >> are still catching up.
>
> >> What do you think?

> >> rubencan...@gmail.com>

> >> laptop, so
> >> checking to

ruben d canlas jr

Feb 10, 2010, 1:23:46 AM2/10/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
Okay. lurker muna ako. swamped with teaching load :)

What will be important for me is for you to share tips and solutions to pesky problems you encountered. Salamat!

RUBEN CANLAS JR.
http://CouchKamote.com
"When your computer wont power up always complain to IT before checking to see if you've switched on the monitor"

Radamanthus Batnag

Feb 10, 2010, 1:44:56 AM2/10/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
Paul,

Ginawa ko ulit. Mas nadalian ako this time. Pero 2 hours pa rin yata inabot.

I'm ready for a meetup tomorrow, pero si Buddy at Eumir hindi.

Radamanthus Batnag

Feb 10, 2010, 10:24:17 AM2/10/10
to cocoaheads-manila
How about Tuesday (Feb.16), then? We're a small group, so losing even
one person is significant.

Christopher Rigor

Feb 10, 2010, 11:08:14 AM2/10/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
I'm not available on the 16th.

Radamanthus Batnag

Feb 10, 2010, 7:31:46 PM2/10/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
How about we do the meetup on Feb.18 at G2iX techbar?
>:) We get free food from Exist and PhRUG!

Radamanthus Batnag

Feb 11, 2010, 7:02:49 AM2/11/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
Ey guys, Jason said this is OK. We can do this at Feb.18 8-9, after the PhRUG 6-8.
Same venue, G2iX techbar, 5th floor Orient Square bldg. Emerald Ave. Ortigas.

Everyone ok with this?

Eumir Gaspar

Feb 11, 2010, 7:27:02 AM2/11/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
ayos hehe free food!

Christopher Rigor

Feb 11, 2010, 8:22:43 AM2/11/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
Ayos!

Radamanthus Batnag

Feb 11, 2010, 7:03:42 PM2/11/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
It's settled, then.

Session #2 is here:
Feb 18, 2010 Thursday
G2IX Techbar
6pm-9pm
5th Flr, Orient Square Bldg, Emerald, Ortigas

You need to pretend to be a PhRUG attendee to get free food.
To pretend you're a PhRUG attendee, you need to signup here: http://signappnow.com/sheet/ID6DNynV

There will be two PhRUG talks from 6pm-8pm. Topher will talk about bundler, I'll talk about shinycocos, a Ruby port of the Cocos2d iphone game programming framework.

We discuss the assignment solutions 8pm-9pm.

Radamanthus Batnag

Feb 17, 2010, 9:25:47 AM2/17/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
Just a reminder.

Session #2 is here:
Feb 18, 2010 Thursday
G2IX Techbar
6pm-9pm
5th Flr, Orient Square Bldg, Emerald, Ortigas

You need to pretend to be a PhRUG attendee to get free food.
To pretend you're a PhRUG attendee, you need to signup here: http://signappnow.com/sheet/ID6DNynV

There will be two PhRUG talks from 6pm-8pm. Topher will talk about bundler, I'll talk about shinycocos, a Ruby port of the Cocos2d iphone game programming framework.

We discuss the assignment solutions 8pm-9pm.

See you all tomorrow!