February 4, 2010 Meetup Summary

1 view

Radamanthus Batnag

Feb 5, 2010, 7:17:50 AM2/5/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
Attendees:
paul
topher
rad
johann
eumir
buddy (fmagsicpoc)

We skipped discussion of assginment 1A as it was really very simple and no one had problems with it.

Assignment 1B has four sections, so we took turns in discussing our solutions. Paul discussed section 1, Topher section 2, Rad section 3 and Eumir section 4.

Topher mentioned some confusion in creating the project under XCode 3.2/Snow Leopard. The screenshot provided by the handout was for XCode 3.1/Leopard. If you're on XCode 3.2/SL, see the screenshot below on how the New Project dialog should look like.

Everyone was excited and wanted to try a bit faster pace. Tentatively, the next meetup is on Thursday, February 11. It will cover Lectures 3-4 and assignments 2A and 2B. We'll check our progress over the weekend, and if this pace doesn't seem workable, people should cry chicken as early as Monday, February 8.

I noticed that there are some members that are outside Manila, even outside the Philippines. For those of you out there who can't join the meetups, feel free to follow the lectures on your own, do the assignments, ask questions and share insights through this list.

Regards,
rad

---

assignment1B.png

Radamanthus Batnag

Feb 5, 2010, 7:25:07 AM2/5/10
to cocoahea...@googlegroups.com
Here are the links to the tools mentioned in passing during last night's meetup:

Topher's framework of choice for building iPhone apps:
http://github.com/blog/389-three20-iphone-ui-goodness

Rad's framework of choice for building iPhone games:
http://www.cocos2d-iphone.org/

Rad's framework of choice for Flash games:
http://flixel.org/

Interesting paper prototyping tools:
http://apress.com/book/view/9781430228233
http://www.appsketchbook.com/