Cocoaheads meeting: April 18, 6:00pm – 8:00pm Bodega Bay Tech Talk Room 1950

David Phillip Oster

Apr 16, 2019, 11:42:54 AM4/16/19
to CocoaHeads - Silicon Valley
We've got a CocoaHeads meeting coming up, Thu, March 21, 6:00pm – 8:00pm in the Google building we're in most often.

Bodega Bay Tech Talk Room 1950
1950 Charleston Rd.
Mountain View, CA 94043

We're meeting at the Bodega Bay Tech Talk room, on the ground floor of Building 1950, 1950 Charleston Rd. Mountain View, CA.  Come around to the back of the building (the side furthest from Charleston Rd) and look for the small sign near the door.

Location, here:

Last month I was battling an infrequent crash in iOS 12, where during a scroll an ordinary UICollectionView decides an invariant has been violated.  I've since solved it,

But Cocoaheads isn't my show: What would you like to talk about?

As always, If you'd like to speak to the group, or have questions you'd like us to discuss at the meeting, feel free to post them here.

Jerry Krinock

Apr 18, 2019, 11:04:58 AM4/18/19
to cocoaheads---...@googlegroups.com

> On 2019 Apr 16, at 08:42, David Phillip Oster <davidphi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We've got a CocoaHeads meeting coming up, Thu, March 21, 6:00pm – 8:00pm in the Google building we're in most often.
>
> Bodega Bay Tech Talk Room 1950
> 1950 Charleston Rd.
> Mountain View, CA 94043
>
> We're meeting at the Bodega Bay Tech Talk room, on the ground floor of Building 1950, 1950 Charleston Rd. Mountain View, CA. Come around to the back of the building (the side furthest from Charleston Rd) and look for the small sign near the door.
>
> Location, here:
>
> https://www.google.com/maps/@37.4220219,-122.0874282,18z
>
> Last month I was battling an infrequent crash in iOS 12, where during a scroll an ordinary UICollectionView decides an invariant has been violated. I've since solved it,

Nice. Let’s see that.

> But Cocoaheads isn't my show: What would you like to talk about?

Last month we looked at a little project of mine demonstrating a Service Manager Login Item. It works now, and I published as open source

https://github.com/jerrykrinock/LoginItemTester

but because the real project I was trying to fix with this was demo written in Objective-C, this demo is in Objective-C I’ve cloned its two targets and modified the clones to be Swift-only targets, and cloned the Objective-C source files into Swift files using Swiftify (https://swiftify.com). Result: does not build due to 19 issues.

Since I have other stuff I need to work on during the day today, I was hoping we could punch through these 19 issues in about 20 minutes :)) It should be a good evaluation of Swiftify.

Deirdre Saoirse Moen

Apr 18, 2019, 8:37:23 PM4/18/19
to cocoaheads---...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I missed last month.

I only see the ObjC up on your github. If you have time to upload the Swift, I can have a look. I’d be interested in prepping an answer to those issues questions.

Deirdre the newb