Cocoaheads meeting: May 17 6:00pm – 8:00pm Bodega Bay Tech Talk Room 1950

1 view

David Phillip Oster

May 11, 2018, 7:07:06 PM5/11/18
to CocoaHeads - Silicon Valley
We've got a CocoaHeads meeting coming up, Thu, May 17, 6:00pm – 8:00pm in the Google building we're in most often.

Bodega Bay Tech Talk Room 1950
1950 Charleston Rd.
Mountain View, CA 94043

We're meeting at the Bodega Bay Tech Talk room, on the ground floor of Building 1950, 1950 Charleston Rd. Mountain View, CA.  Come around to the back of the building (the side furthest from Charleston Rd) and look for the small sign near the door.

Location, here:

As always, If you'd like to speak to the group, or have questions you'd like us to discuss at the meeting, feel free to post them here.

Eric Wing

May 15, 2018, 4:43:02 AM5/15/18
to cocoaheads---...@googlegroups.com
I've gotten in pretty deep with the new Zeroconf implementation/APIs
for Windows 10 UWP. I recently learned there is voodoo that can be
performed to call UWP-only APIs from a classic Windows app, which
actually makes UWP potentially useful.

If I can make this work, it means I can finally create a full
cross-platform wrapper for Bonjour/Zeroconf since Microsoft was the
final holdout. And Zeroconf on everything now potentially means all
the different OS's can now discover network services from each other
seamlessly and efficiently.

I'd be happy to share what I've learned so far or talk about
Bonjour/Zeroconf in general. (Semi-related, I also discovered that all
the platforms seem to have something similar to FSEvents now.)

Thanks,
Eric