Public Domain in Germany

AOSP DEV

Aug 24, 2017, 12:06:11 PM8/24/17
to CocoaAsyncSocket
Hello,
I am developing a commercial app that will be used mostly in Germany.
Germany doesn't recognize the Public Domain and one is not allowed to use libraries under such license (or similar).

I would like to send you per email an official request to be allowed to use the library.
If it's ok for you, please let me know to which address should I send it.

Thank you.

Robbie Hanson

Aug 25, 2017, 2:40:54 PM8/25/17
to cocoaasy...@googlegroups.com
No problem. I get these requests all the time. In fact, I just realized there’s no reason not to dual-license the library for those people/organizations where the local legal system doesn’t recognize “public domain”.

So I’ve added a LICENSE file to the repo which adds the option of a 2-clause BSD license as well:

Hope this helps.
Let me know if you need anything else.

-Robbie Hanson

AOSP DEV