Licensing, Maintenance and Android!

Behdad Analui

Sep 13, 2017, 4:00:29 PM9/13/17
to CocoaAsyncSocket
Hi Robbie,

Thanks for this awesome library you maintain. We're developing an app using your library. There are 3 questions I have:

1 - If we are deploying a commercial app and include your license posted on github, we're good to go, right?
2 - kCFStreamNetworkServiceTypeVoIP is deprecated in iOS 9. Is there any plan that you have in mind for that?
3 - Are you aware of a similar library for Android?

Thanks again,
Behdad

Robbie Hanson

Sep 13, 2017, 7:18:26 PM9/13/17
to cocoaasy...@googlegroups.com
Glad it’s helpful !

> 1 - If we are deploying a commercial app and include your license posted on github, we're good to go, right?

Including the license isn’t required:

CocoaAsyncSocket is dual licensed. Meaning you can choose whichever license you’d like to use.

Option #1 - Public Domain. Meaning there aren’t any requirements.

Option #2 - BSD (2 clause)

And this option only requires that you include the license when distributing the source code. Not a compiled binary (i.e. an app).

That being said - it’s nice to see the library listed in a credits section.

> 2 - kCFStreamNetworkServiceTypeVoIP is deprecated in iOS 9. Is there any plan that you have in mind for that?

I know there’s an open issue (and discussion) for it:

Although I haven’t had the time to dig into it.

> 3 - Are you aware of a similar library for Android?

I’m not aware of a version for Android. Although I ported it to Windows once. :)

-Robbie Hanson

Behdad Analui

Sep 14, 2017, 12:51:52 PM9/14/17
to CocoaAsyncSocket
Thanks a lot for your reply Robbie :)

SRASLAN

Jan 8, 2019, 12:37:40 PM1/8/19
to CocoaAsyncSocket
Robbie, are you the one that made the "Alarm Clock 2" I miss it all the others are way too complicated and yours works perfectly. I hope you are making a 64 bit version for Mac, Thanks, Steve