error Failed to build iOS project with Xcode Problem with GCDAsyncUdpSocket

Sophie K

Mar 8, 2021, 5:31:16 AM3/8/21
to CocoaAsyncSocket
Hello,

 I'm new to mobile development. I'm currently taking the "Develop a React Native Mobile App" course on openclassrom website. I'm at the step "Formalize your application to use the components of the device" but I've a problem when I execute the command react-native run-iso

The simulator launches but not my application and I have the following error message:

"The following build commands failed:

CompileC /Users/gael/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MoviesAndMe-fzqcqtannjsoiahjqiooutjtrsxg/Build/Intermediates/Pods.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/CocoaAsyncSocket.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/GCDAsyncUdpSocket.o CocoaAsyncSocket/Source/GCD/GCDAsyncUdpSocket.m normal x86_64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler"

I tried to build in Xcode but got lots of error messages (see error messages in the image below)

Capture d’écran 2021-03-02 à 17.53.43.png

I read on the web that you have to have Xcode11. I don't have a mac compatible with Xcode11, I'm on Xcode8.2.1. I'm on a 2013 macbookpro with El Capitain. Unable to upgrade my Xcode with El Capitain.

I could try to update my OS but my pc dating from 2013 I don't know if it will support an update. I have documented myself to know if I can update my OS. To install Xcode11, from what I understood, I would have to install mojave 10.14 but I read on the forums that some of my software might not work with this OS.

Could someone help me solve the problem? Isn't there a compatible version of CocoaAsyncSocket or a workaround? I am 80% of my training on react native and I would have liked to finish :-(

thank you in advance for your help