Spring Cleaning - sunsetting this list

Brent Simmons

Mar 15, 2013, 7:40:04 PM3/15/13
to cocoa-...@googlegroups.com
This list hardly gets any use -- so, in the spirit of spring cleaning, I've decided to sunset it.

For alternative mailing lists, see:

If there is strong demand -- which I don't expect, given the super-low traffic here -- I could consider hosting a mailing list on my own Mailman installation. But it doesn't seem to be necessary. (But let me know if you think I'm wrong.)

-Brent

Carlton

Mar 17, 2013, 10:06:45 AM3/17/13
to cocoa-...@googlegroups.com, br...@ranchero.com
Just my POV: Cocoa Unbound is low traffic but high quality. It'll be a shame to see it go.

Kind Regards,

Carlton

Alvaro Costa Neto

Mar 17, 2013, 10:37:56 AM3/17/13
to cocoa-...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Carlton. I posted once or twice here, but the response was amazingly thoughtful, insightful and to the point. A low traffic list is a good thing: the official Cocoa list is quite annoying sometimes!

Best regards,
Alvaro Costa Neto

Michael Ash

Mar 17, 2013, 10:59:31 AM3/17/13
to cocoa-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for performing the experiment, Brent.

I thought that cocoa-unbound would be a replacement for cocoa-dev. Instead... nothing was. The whole mailing list business mostly faded for me, replaced by nothing. I still like the idea, but I'm not sure what's needed to make it work. I'm glad we gave it a shot, at least. If anyone has any brilliant ideas for a successor, I'm all ears. You know where to find me.

Mike

Billy Gray

Mar 17, 2013, 2:14:28 PM3/17/13
to cocoa-...@googlegroups.com
I didn't realize it'd be okay to post cocoa-dev style questions here (I love searching through old cocoa-dev posts!), I thought it was more for having a non-Apple lists place to talk about stuff you couldn't discuss there openly. For what it's worth, I definitely have cocoa development questions to ask and would be happy to help others how I can—I think a mailing list is nicer than Stack Overflow, but I'm probably in the minority there ;-) Anyway, was happy to be a lurker on the list, thank you for running it!

Regards,
Billy Gray