Re: Digest for cocoa-unbound@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

M. S. Hrishikesh

Jun 11, 2012, 9:17:52 AM6/11/12
to cocoa-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the response

A CALayer does not respond to gesture events. If I want to display an image that responds to user interaction and also animate it is UIView animation my only option?

Thanks

Hrishi

On Monday 11 June 2012 at 12:52 PM, cocoa-...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/cocoa-unbound/topics

    mattn <ma...@tidbits.com> Jun 10 07:58AM -0700

    > The only difference is that the tutorial uses an explicit CALayer while I
    > am using the layer from a UIImageView.

    Correct. And that difference is the reason. You cannot use implicit
    property animation on a view's primary layer.

    On Saturday, June 9, 2012 4:32:56 AM UTC-7, Hrishi wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group cocoa-unbound.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.

mattn

Jun 11, 2012, 1:08:59 PM6/11/12
to cocoa-...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, June 11, 2012 6:17:52 AM UTC-7, Hrishi wrote:
Thanks for the response

A CALayer does not respond to gesture events.

Correct. Think of a UIView as a CALayer plus touch handling.

If I want to display an image that responds to user interaction and also animate it is UIView animation my only option?

No. You can't use implicit property animation. But you can use explicit Core Animation.

I've explained the whole thing here: