Next Meeting

Rob

Sep 11, 2007, 1:27:34 PM9/11/07
to Cocoa-DC
I was wondering if there was any interest in having a meeting in the
near future? I have a pretty busy schedule this year but would like
to see this group stay active. I think that the developer community
in this area is sorely lacking anything that's not Windows or Java.

I would like to propose the following:

1. Forming an online presence. A website, formal blog, or podcast.
2. Community outreach. Getting people in the area interested in the
technology.
3. Events. Turning meetings into a showcase for your works or
presentations.

These are my suggestions and you can take them for what their worth.
Let me know what you think.

Luis de la Rosa

Sep 11, 2007, 1:54:34 PM9/11/07
to coco...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Yes, and Yes.

We can probably start with #1 and then do #2 and #3 as opportunities
present themselves.

Having a regularly monthly or bi-monthly meeting is probably
essential as well.

We'll need people to volunteer to coordinate these. Who is interested?

Rob

Sep 12, 2007, 8:42:33 PM9/12/07
to Cocoa-DC
Luis,

I think you're right about the website. We'd need to figure out some
kind of hosting solution. Do you have some experience with that? Who
did your site?

Also, What was the turnout for the group last meeting?

Cheers, Rob

Luis de la Rosa

Sep 13, 2007, 10:54:30 PM9/13/07
to coco...@googlegroups.com
I do have experience with it as do a several of the other folks. I
host and design my own sites and its sort of a necessity if you want
to distribute your Cocoa app. MacUpdate/VersionTracker/iUseThis/
Apple Downloads host directories of apps, but they don't actually
host the downloads themselves. Plus its good to have more in-depth
details about your app, online help, a blog, etc.

We could probably use some help on the CSS/graphics front. Perhaps
we can partner up with the folks from Refresh DC. http://refresh-
dc.org/ They're a good counterpart to us, being focused on the web /
design side.

Turnout for the last meeting (which I still need to blog about) was 5
people - Dave, Zac, Mark, Matt, and myself. That was back in July.
Then we skipped August for C4 (which I think 2 of us went to.) So we
should probably have a meeting this month.

How does Sunday September 23rd sound for everyone?

Luis

Rob

Sep 18, 2007, 12:39:04 PM9/18/07
to Cocoa-DC
I have a little experience in web development but nothing
substantial. I created a website in Rails for tracking work
requirements. I didn't put alot into the front end but did start to
familiarize myself with CSS. Most of my time is spent in school, work
or study. What little time I have leftover is spent reviewing various
development environments (like Cocoa).

As for the 23rd, I think I can make it but I have an engagement in the
afternoon that will take up the remainder of the day. If it would be
possible to meet around noon I could probably put in one or two hours.

I would love to hear about C4. From what I read it seemed like a very
interesting conference.

Robert