What's new in beta-20160721?
- Metrics are now exported on
/_status/vars in a format suitable for aggregation by Prometheus. #7895
- Go 1.6.3 and 1.7rc2 are now supported. #7811
- The native versions of Docker for Mac and Windows are now supported. Users of a
docker-machine VM may need to set environment variables by hand as this case is no longer detected automatically. #7820
- The Admin UI now displays a warning when there are fewer than three nodes.#7783
- Writes to different ranges are now performed in parallel. #7860
- The first range descriptor is kept more up-to-date. #7766
- Ranges are now considered for splits after any replication or rebalancing change.#7800
- An existing table lease can now be reused without writing to the lease table as long as it has enough time left before expiration. #7781
- The rebalancing system now avoids moving the current leader of a range. #7918
- Transaction records related to splits are now garbage-collected promptly. #7903
This release includes 76 merged PRs by 21 authors. We would especially like to thank first-time contributors Christian Meunier and Dharmesh Kakadia from the CockroachDB community.
The Cockroach Labs Team