In general, CockroachDB is designed to support thousands of nodes, and there are no hard limits in terms of max nodes, max storage per node, max columns in a table, etc. There may be limits in practice, though. For example, all table metadata is currently held in memory, so you don’t want to have too many tables. As we get closer to production readiness, we'll be doing larger scale tests that will let us discover the practical limits of the system, and we'll be sure to document those.
1.1. Does the scalability increase by 1 with each node (assuming even usage on all ranges) or something <1 like in postgresql-xl ?
2. max storage per node (some kind of limit on the lower storage layer, ex like pg has)
3. max rows/kv per node/range/table
4. max number of columns in a table (ex: we store column-id as 1-byte so 256 max or something similar)
5. max number of tables (ex: more than x tables it's an antipattern since each table has overhead in ram)
6. max number of ranges (each range has overhead, does each node know the position of each range, or only range.ranges?)
These I think should also be in the faq/docs ?
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CockroachDB user group" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cockroachdb-us...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cockroac...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cockroachdb-users/182bc3b3-a4b0-4af6-9329-2483067e8b71%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cockroachdb-users/CANKgOKh-3YFnR9-SCvzV9uK%3DEctocEhOPq09bfRUnU53SGy7-w%40mail.gmail.com.
|Maximum Database Size||Unlimited|
|Maximum Table Size||32 TB|
|Maximum Row Size||1.6 TB|
|Maximum Field Size||1 GB|
|Maximum Rows per Table||Unlimited|
|Maximum Columns per Table||250 - 1600 depending on column types|
|Maximum Indexes per Table||Unlimited|
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cockroachdb-users/e98ca90f-ecdf-40ba-8745-77d66433e1de%40googlegroups.com.