was the workload binary supposed to not depend on RocksDB any more?

Andrei Matei

Oct 26, 2018, 3:12:20 PM10/26/18
to Jordan Lewis, cockro...@googlegroups.com
... cause a build/builder.sh make bin/workload invocation just recompiled it for me.
Jordan, I thought you had removed some dependencies that were supposed to improve this - or am I wrong?

- a_m

Nikhil Benesch

Oct 26, 2018, 3:30:02 PM10/26/18
to Andrei Matei, Jordan Lewis, cockro...@googlegroups.com
Jordan did some work to make sql not depend on cgo, but I think there is still more to do to make workload not depend on cgo.

Jordan Lewis

Oct 26, 2018, 3:30:03 PM10/26/18
to Andrei Matei, cockro...@googlegroups.com
All I did was make sure `sql` didn't depend on `storage`. I guess `pkg/workload` still depends on stuff in other ways.

Look at bin/workload.d to see all the deps for it. I'm not sure why it depends on engine, but it seems to.

Nikhil Benesch

Oct 26, 2018, 3:32:22 PM10/26/18
to Jordan Lewis, Andrei Matei, cockro...@googlegroups.com
I take it back. workload appears to be cgo free once again. (Thanks, Jordan!) I'll submit a PR to teach the Makefile that workload no longer needs RocksDB.

Andrei Matei

Oct 26, 2018, 3:34:17 PM10/26/18
to Nikhil Benesch, Jordan Lewis, cockro...@googlegroups.com
Respect!