Octave gnuplot warning

novo...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2022, 5:33:10 AM11/1/22
to CoCalc
It seems that CoCalc has the same issue as SageMathCell:
for example while searching for a solution I found

As I understand it, for our purposes gnuplot works just fine, so "the right way" is to disable the warning, the command to do it is now included in SageMathCell, I am not sure where it should go in CoCalc.

Andrey

hsy

Nov 1, 2022, 5:34:33 AM11/1/22
to CoCalc
Hi, CoCalc installs the octave jupyter kernel, that's all. Is it fixed with a newer kernel? Otherwise, I guess someone has to just run this command to disable the warning at the top of each notebook.

-- Harald

novo...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2022, 11:30:06 AM11/1/22
to CoCalc
I don't think it will be "fixed". If anything, gnuplot support may be gone completely, but as I understand it, qt requires a display even for off-display rendering, so harder to deal with on remote servers.

If there is some kind of initialization file for octave, it may be nice to put that command there.