Where are local Python files?

Ingo Dahn

Mar 10, 2023, 6:48:06 AM3/10/23
to CoCalc
Using the latest version of the python module galgebra requires a pip install (which I did from within a notebook with the paython3 system-wide kernel) and then replacing some files in the galgebra folder below the site-packages in the local python installation.
Where is this folder located?

William Stein

Mar 10, 2023, 10:59:28 AM3/10/23
to Ingo Dahn, CoCalc
Have you looked in ~/.local ?

Also, use "pip show <package-name>" to get the install location of a package.

On Fri, Mar 10, 2023 at 3:48 AM Ingo Dahn <ingo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Using the latest version of the python module galgebra requires a pip install (which I did from within a notebook with the paython3 system-wide kernel) and then replacing some files in the galgebra folder below the site-packages in the local python installation.
> Where is this folder located?
>
> --
> CoCalc: Collaborative Calculation in the Cloud -- https://cocalc.com
> ---