Can chat GPT have access to some files?

Juan Carlos Bustamante

Nov 25, 2023, 7:55:16 PM11/25/23
to CoCalc
Hello,

I wous like to use Chat GPT to convert a bunch of beamer presentations to Jupyter notebooks. I asked for it : i pointed to a .tex file and asked to have it converted.

One answer I got is to clik on a link to an .ipynb but it did not work, the link was not good. I was told that the problem might from the fact that the project I am working on is a private one.
I also asked to make the conversion on in my working directory, the chat GPT told me it has no access to the file system. I totally understand this.

When working with latex files, having the output as plain text is good enough, since the files are not so big, and one can easily cut the chunks. However .ipynb files have often thousands of lines, so this approach is not a good one.

Is there a way I could easily get an .ipynb file from a .tex one? More generally : is it somehow possible to give Chat GPT access to some specific files / directories in a given project?

Thanks!

JC