Getting rid of Chats

Ingo Dahn

Nov 4, 2023, 6:39:01 AM11/4/23
to CoCalc
I am using CoCalc as a best practice example for the integration of ChatGPT into teaching software. For this I have a lot of test chat aside of particular documents (mostly in our local Docker-cocalc).
Before showing these documents to others I would like to get rid of this test chat content but I don't see how this can be achieved.
Even worse, I noted that when I move a document and create a new emptydocument with the name of the old document in the old place it inherits the chat from the old document and so I wonder what happens when I use a document with a chat as a handout in a course - would my test chat be also revealed to the students?

Ingo Dahn

Nov 4, 2023, 6:42:33 AM11/4/23
to CoCalc
Augmentation to avoid misunderstanding: By getting rid of the chat I mean deleting all the chat content - I know that I can hide the chat frame but that is not enough.

William Stein

Nov 4, 2023, 11:20:30 AM11/4/23
to Ingo Dahn, CoCalc
Click the "eye" toggle to see all hidden files. If you are editing a
file "foo", then the side chat is in the file .foo.sage-chat. You
could replace that file by an empty file, e.g.,

echo "" > .foo.sage-chat

William
> --
> CoCalc: Collaborative Calculation in the Cloud -- https://cocalc.com