RIP - Teammate 😢

Boon Hoon Chee

Jan 15, 2024, 11:42:13 PMJan 15
to Cobra
Dear all,

Sad to inform that my former Cobra Club teammate, Ishak Abidin, passed away on Saturday 13th January. After his long playing career, Ishak, went on to Coach; Cobra, Selangor and the  National team. Ishak was also a Grade1 referee.

image0.jpeg
Cobra Team 1978.
(Ishak, front row squatting 4th from left).

Didn’t want to be the one delivering this sad news but sincerely felt that Ishak, another one of the many ‘unsung heroes’ of our Club, deserves some mention/recognition.

Ishak, brought youngsters,  Mohd Nor Amin and Ghafar Rejab, both from Trengganu, to join Cobra in ‘78/‘79. They both left in the early ‘80s to join the Police force. Mohd Nor and Ghafar, went on to become  big stars for the National team.

Ishak, a true rugby man, kept in touch with a large number of National players. He would regularly send to us tips on staying healthy and motivational videos.

RIP my teammate 🙏

Sent from my iPhone

f....@segatrans.com.my

Jan 16, 2024, 1:44:00 AMJan 16
to cobra...@googlegroups.com
RIP bro Ishak
Frankie

--
COBRA RUGBY - Passion For Rugby
---

Syed Ismail Al Ali

Jan 16, 2024, 1:42:19 PMJan 16
to cobra...@googlegroups.com
Al Fatihah

My condolences goes out to the family members...

--
image0.jpeg

James Ritchie

Jan 16, 2024, 1:49:06 PMJan 16
to cobra...@googlegroups.com
Condolences to the family of a Dear friend! OUr last chit chat was at the COBRA 10s grand stand!!
He had plans to visit me in Kuching!!
BUT God loved him even more!!
alfatihah!!
JR

Zulkifli Yacob

Jan 16, 2024, 4:09:03 PMJan 16
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, James Ritchie
Innalillahi wainnailaihi roji’un, it was an honour to be coached and playing beside aruah Ishak. He was a mentor and a friend that will be missed. His approach and attitude has helped me become who I am today.

He will be missed.

Al Fatihah and condolences to his family.

Zul Yacob

ping hiowcheng

Jan 16, 2024, 8:42:01 PMJan 16
to cobra...@googlegroups.com, James Ritchie
Coach Ishak was one of the best coaches that have guoded and mentor me in rugby. A soft spoken and a true gentlemen. Will be sadly missed by all but wont be forgotten. Sincere and heartfelt condolences to his family.

Al Fathihah

Ping

Kian Fui Yap

Jan 18, 2024, 1:16:04 AMJan 18
to cobra...@googlegroups.com
Deep condolences to his family. RIP Ishak bro.

On Wed, Jan 17, 2024 at 2:42 AM Syed Ismail Al Ali <syedism...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Ken Yap