Remembering - ‘Seng Foo’

Boon Hoon Chee

Dec 11, 2023, 1:24:41 AM12/11/23
to Cobra

Event: ‘Remembering - Seng Foo’

Date: 4pm Wednesday 20th December 2023

Venue: COBRA Rugby Club B&R

Confirmed attending;
Mr.Boon Kee, TSKT, Safa & Rose, Francis Chew, Kang, Chin Beng, Sree, Darryll, TJ, Naza.

Megat Najmuddin Khas

Dec 11, 2023, 1:49:50 AM12/11/23
to cobra...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
I am not well these days and will miss the COBRA gathering. Enjoy!
Salam,
Megat N
Sent from my iPhone

On 11 Dec 2023, at 14:24, Boon Hoon Chee <bhc...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
COBRA RUGBY - Passion For Rugby
---

Boon Hoon Chee

Dec 11, 2023, 2:34:02 AM12/11/23
to Cobra
FYI,

Mr./Uncle Seng Foo passed away on 27th September 2023, in Hamilton, NZ, while visiting his youngest daughter, Joy and family.

Eldest daughter, Christine, still lives in Penang.

Wife, Dolly, lives alone in Penang too.

They will all be present at the gathering together with their family.

Seng Foo, was probably the oldest living Cobra RC Life Member, after Unc Yeoh, passed away. A ‘no nonsense’ referee, he was highly regarded amongst the referees’ fraternity.

Some of us will remember Seng Foo’s generosity -  especially with the Cobra Rugby Club,  over the years. I still remember in the mid 70s and early 80s, when our Club was still ‘poor’…when money for all our outstation tournaments was contributed by the players and members themselves. During the Penang 10s tournament, Seng Foo used to host half of the team in his house, while Suan See’s brother, Jimmy, hosted the other half of the team. True to Seng Foo’s generosity and love for our Club, we would be feted with some of the best seafood dinners, personally cooked by him, with wife, Dolly, assisting.

When visiting his daughter, Joy, before she migrated to NZ, Seng Foo, will spend all his evenings in our Club. There were many occasions when we had to switch off the lights to   ‘force’ him to go home 😃

Seng Foo loves our Club and never fails to host any of us when we are in Penang.

RIP Seng Foo - I had the best ‘curry fish head’ in your house…

Regards
Boon

Mr.Boon Kee, TSKT, Safa & Rose, Francis Chew, Kang, Chin Beng, Sree, Darryll, TJ, Naza, Boon.

Boon Hoon Chee

Dec 11, 2023, 2:39:47 AM12/11/23
to cobra...@googlegroups.com
My former Club President & SRU President, TSMN,

Best wishes to you Sir. Speedy recovery 🙏 Will convey your message to Dolly, Christine & Joy.

Regards club mate
Boon

Sent from my iPhone

On 11 Dec 2023, at 2:49 PM, 'Megat Najmuddin Khas' via COBRA Rugby Club (Malaysia) <cobra...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Dear All,

Boon Hoon Chee

Dec 13, 2023, 5:46:27 AM12/13/23
to Cobra

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Boon Hoon Chee <bhc...@gmail.com>
Date: 11 December 2023 at 3:33:59 PM MYT
To: Cobra <cobra...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Remembering - ‘Seng Foo’

Event: ‘Remembering - Seng Foo’

Date: 4pm Wednesday 20th December 2023

Venue: COBRA Rugby Club B&R

Confirmed attending;
Mr.Boon Kee, TSKT, Safa & Rose, Francis Chew, Harris Beh, Kang, Bryan Pereira, Chin Beng, Sree, Darryll, TJ, Naza, Boon.

couple more members would make the gathering - a decent crowd.

Regards, Boon

safaruddin muhammad

Dec 15, 2023, 3:00:01 AM12/15/23
to cobra...@googlegroups.com
Dear Boon,
Kindly be informed, Brian Ignatius Wong, the son of late Frankie Wong(who migrated to Canada) is back for a short holiday in KL.He came back with his mothet.He has been in touch with me seeking the needs to meet Cobra members at the Club.I've told him about the gathering on 20/12/23 @Cobra Club.I hope his presence can be acknowledged and accepted.Thank you Boon.

--
COBRA RUGBY - Passion For Rugby
---

Boon Hoon Chee

Dec 15, 2023, 4:32:27 AM12/15/23
to cobra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Safa, they are more than welcome to join the gathering. I remember Brian.

Regards
Boon

Sent from my iPhone

Boon Hoon Chee

Dec 18, 2023, 12:29:47 AM12/18/23
to Cobra

Event: ‘Remembering - Seng Foo’

Date: 4pm Wednesday 20th December 2023

Venue: COBRA Rugby Club B&R

Confirmed
Mr.Boon Kee, TSKT, Safa & Rose, Francis Chew, Harris Beh, Kang, Bryan Pereira, Chin Beng, Sree, Darryll, TJ, Naza, Brian Wong, Boon.

Regards, Boon

PYEYEOH

Dec 18, 2023, 12:10:46 PM12/18/23
to cobra...@googlegroups.com
Please convey my best wishes to the children as I will not be able to attend much as I want to

Prof Dr. Ernest Yeoh
MB.Ch.B (B'ham), FRCS(Ed)
HP: 012 287 3133

--
COBRA RUGBY - Passion For Rugby
---

to...@rqnet.com.my

Dec 19, 2023, 2:29:35 AM12/19/23
to cobra...@googlegroups.com

Hi Boon,

Please count me in

Thank you

Regards

Tommy

Boon Hoon Chee

Dec 19, 2023, 6:38:55 AM12/19/23
to cobra...@googlegroups.com
Noted with thanks, CTP. We should have about 16/17 present. Good response to honour a ‘die hard’ Cobra man!

Dolly, Christine, Joy and family, will be very happy.

Received this text from Christine on 19/10/23

image0.jpeg

Thank you mates.

Regards
Boon